Fireworks(Keith Power)

It was 4th of July and you were going to the beach with a group of friends including you best friend keith. You got dressed in some shredded shorts and a blue halter top and some red converse. You were dressed up as if you were the american flag. You pranced around happily in your penthouse along with your friends. Yall were heading out to the beach ri watch the year-round firework show.

Y/n Pov- I went to the kitchen area of my house to grab another drink. As i walked in i spotted keith leaned against the counter away from everybody else. We were rhe only ones in the kitchen. I walked over to me.

Y/n-kei why the sad face

He looked up to the sound of his nickname i gave him.  He did a slight smile.

Keith-nothing just thinking bout something

Y/n-kei its 4th of july all your friends are here whats not to be happy about come here

He walked following me as i walked over to the bar area of my kitchen pulling out some shot cups and pouring them. As i did that i set out a couple for me and a couple for keith.

Y/n-here drink

Keith-y/n you know im not big on drinking

Y/n- welp your lost

You downed your shots as you other friend came and grabbed the rest of the shots drinking them.

Keith-y/n chill out with all them shots girl

Keith said sternly he was always very protective of me. Of course he came in handy with me being an partier. I loved doing wild stuff and being adventurous.Although i seemed to be very outgoing i seemed to shy away from the fact i was in love with keith. I had been in love with him for years now and to my dissatisfaction I never thought he felt the same so i kept it to my self.

Y/n-kei im good dont worry your pretty little brain over me i said smiling and walking away on my wobbly legs

It was now 8 and the fireworks started at 9 so we began to pile up and in cars and head out. There was only 5 of us. I rode with keith while the others rode together. We pulled up to the beach settling down the the sand on blankets to watch the show. As I spread out my blanket i fell back on my ass. I laughed trying to get back up failing my attempt. Keith came towards me helping me up.

Y/n-thank you kei you said smiling up at him

Keith-y/n i told you not to take all them damn shots

Y/n- im okay keith dang you said hiccuping i leaned into keiths chest as he held me up

Keith laughed at me as i played with his jacket hoodie. Putting it on his head on and off. Soon i heard a big boom. I turned looking at the firework highly excited.

Y/n-kei look looks kei the firworks oohh look kei

Keith-im looking y/n

I laughed pulling out of keith grasp to sit down on the blanket. I patted the side of me telling keith to sit down. He sat down next to me. I looked up at the sky ass more fireworks went off. I turned to look towards keith to see him aslo staring up at the sky. The moon shined on his skin showing off his freckles that adorn his light skin. I dont what came over me but i leaned in to kiss him only to fall right into his arms. Keith had dodged my kiss holding me by my arms.

Keith-y/n what was that

Y/n-keith i really like you like i love you

Keith-y/n you're drunk right now come on you needa go home and rest

Even though i was obviously drunk i was confessing my love for him and he rejected me. I felt broken. I nodded as keith helped me up grabbing the blanket. I stood there as he went to tell all of the others bye.  He grabbed my waist to support me as we walked to his car.

Y/n-i can walk keith

Keith-okay

He let go of me as he walked ahead followed behind him. We got into the car. I struggled to put on my seat beat and keith reached over buckling it for me. He than buckled himself in pulling out of the parkway driving back to my home. As we pulled up to my house keith helped me inside and into my bedroom. I flopped back on my bed. My eyes began to get drowsy as the sound of Keith's voice faded.

Keith-i love you too he whispered placing a kiss on your forehead