All Because Of Wet Paint- Part 1

SORRY ABOUT THIS, ANGST IN FUTURE CHAPTERS⚠️
Human AU/ High School AU

~{Cas's POV}~

"Sure, Gabe- No, your not- Gabriel!" I cursed, huffing as I placed my phone back into my trench coat pocket.
"Why does he have to be so difficult?" I mumbled, scowling at the boy who again, got after school detention, meaning, again, I would have to wait longer for him to finish so we could go home.
I pushed the glass doors open, happily being greeted by the quietness and calmness of the library
compared to the school grounds.
The shelves were filled with stories, too many for me to finish in my time left at highschool.
(Although, let's be honest, challenge accepted.)
I walked towards the table I usually sat at to either:
1. Draw/ Daydream
2.Finish Homework I hadn't had time for. (Trying to get some peace and quiet in the Novak house was difficult, and usually impossible)
Today, Homework.
I paused, noticing the sign that I was about to run in to, too caught up in thinking to see it.
"Warning: Wet Paint"
And sure enough, I noticed the wet sheen of gloss that now covered the three tables that were available for the students, besides the ones in the corner which were for detention.
But those tables were free.
I sighed, but walked over anyway. Luckily it was my free period, so not many kids here, which is why the tables were free.
And while most kids wanted to go out and socialise, play sport or whatever they do, I'd rather stay in the library, which I rather enjoyed.
My people skills were... rusty, to say in the least.
I sat down at one of the empty tables.

Trigonometry sucked, as in 'I left some paper in my pockets that was important, and decided to wash them' sucked.
Lose-lose situation.
My fingers dragged lazily across the tabletop, but stopped when I felt a slight ragged dent.
Putting my book down, grateful for the distraction, I glanced at the table.
The words 'Hey' were carved into the table messily, some of the dust still sitting on the carving.
So it was fresh.
Curiosity got the best of me, as I quickly glanced around the library.
No one stood out, and I don't remember seeing anyone leaving this area when I came in.
I turned my attention back to the carving, studying it.
Before I realised what I was doing, I'd grabbed the pencil I was using in my book, and I was writing beneath the carving.
'Hello.'
My eyes looked around the library shyly, checking to see if I'd gotten caught. No one seemed to be looking at me.
I relaxed a bit, but excitement was coursing through my veins.
What if the person, who ever they were, responded?
I hoped they did.
The shrill sounding of the bell pulled me out of my daze, as I quickly gathered my things, and left the library.

"Sorry Cassie, couldn't be helped, teacher was being a dick." Gabriel sighed dramatically, feinting innocence.
"Whatever, you can walk home next time." I growled, even though I didn't really have a problem with waiting. The school yard can be nice when it's not full of hormonal teens.
"But it's too far!" He whined. I rolled my eyes, getting in the old beat up car.
"Just get in."

The Novak house was unnaturally quiet, and I frowned upon entering.
"Where is everyone?"  I murmured, my eyebrows furrowing.
Gabe shrugged, checking Anna's room to see her sleeping.
"It's only 6pm, weird." He shrugged it off, walking up the stairs to his room.
The quietness, which I'd always been praying for, usually any chance I got in this house, was unnerving.
The house that was usually filled with fights and swearing, and glass breaking, was eerily quiet.
And I didn't like it.

Tossing and turning, something didn't feel right, and it was stopping Castiel from sleeping.
But eventually, he relaxed, and fell into an uneasy sleep.