Chapter Two

Master and I went home after our time with Takao-kun and Shintaro-san.

He lied on his back as he tried to find a comfortable place to take a nap.

The shooting star is our last hope. We want to comfort our masters... We will do it as humans.

A soft meow was heard as he found a comfortable spot. According to Takao, the shooting star will appear at exactly 12 o' clock in the evening and yes, he knows it because his master is addicted to this 'Ohasa-sama' radio show and it kind of predicted that there will be a shooting star coming around tonight.

Maybe... This will be our chance. 

He jumped out of his master's bed and went outside. He knew where he can see the sky better than the window on their master's bedroom. He went towards the stairs that led towards the attic.

I slept here when I'm not that trusting towards master at first. It seems that this place did grew on me a little since I slept here for four months.

He ran towards where the window is but, it was barred by numerous boxes that are his master's parents' things. He didn't know his elder masters much but the way they treated him was enough for him to respect them. He sighed and just walked away and went back to his master's bedroom.

It seems master's balcony is fine for now.

He looked at the clock on the top wall of the bedroom. It spelled out a clear number of 11:45 pm. He nodded, determined to have his wish come true, and jumped at the railing of the place. The breeze feels good that he almost decided to take a nap.

No! I must wait for the shooting star to come!

He shook his head and waited patiently for the shooting star to come. If he will be lucky, his wishes could be answered.

17 minutes have passed and there's no sign of the shooting star.

He sighed, clearly disappointed and sad on what he have realized. He would never have his wishes come true and that his master would be forever alone with no one beside him. He fought tears threatening to fall from his eyes as he stared at the sky.

I wish it was true but, Takao said it would be seen at exactly 12 o' clock am.

He rubbed his paw at his eyes and stared stubbornly at the sky. No! His master has done everything for him! He will not give up! He will wait all night if it is needed.

At Another Place, Somewhere Beyond Earth

A blonde-haired woman with green eyes and a deadly glare looked at the white-haired man in front of him. This man just forgot to guide the night sky as it was tasked to him! And she doesn't want any lazy workers around her so if she found one...

"H-Hey there, I was just, uh, hanging around?" And this man isn't just lazing off. He was off doing his perverted research while his work is around him.

"What are you doing slacking off at your job?! You need to guide the night sky!!!" After shouting that, the woman punched the man into oblivion. Said man shouted a sorry as he flew away from the clouded place. He would most likely land on Japan because of the force of the punch.

"Gah! Can that do anything right?!" She, then, decided to arrange the night sky to its rightful place. First, align the constellations, then...this will take 20 minutes. She gritted her teeth at the added task on her. She needs to relax damn it!

"There done!!! Now, about those shooting stars, I will listen to the people around who has wishes that I think is worthy to grant." She spread around the shining stars that she have in her hands and slammed towards Earth in a gentle manner.