Makeup

The popular girl in instagram with the glowing cheeks and 30K followers commented under my photo that I would look prettier if I shaped my eyebrows.
My room mate told me I would look prettier if my skin complexion was lighter.
My cousin's girlfriend told me I would look much prettier if I fixed my crooked teeth.
My mother told me I was too ugly and she was ashamed to call me her daughter.
My best friend teased she looked as ugly as me when she didn't have makeup on.

I stole 50 bucks from my mom and bought a foundation from a thrift shop.
It was two shades lighter than my complexion.
I shaved my eyebrows and drew Nike logo on them. My crush commented, "You look like a clown"

I stole 30 bucks from my aunt and bought a cheap highlighter.
Was I doing this for attention?
Was I doing this to please others?
Was I doing this for social media likes?
Was I doing this to fit in?
Was I doing this to be another basic bitch in IG?

I rubbed it off.
I told the pretty girl that I did not need her approval.
I told my room mate to grow a neck before concerning herself with my complexion.
I reminded my crush who the actual clown was. He could blame his mom.
I subtly hinted to my best friend that her relationships never lasted because she's too hideous.
I didn't tell anything to my mom because I needed a place to stay.

Perhaps my beauty wasn't considered beauty by the rest of the world. But I loved how I looked and that's what mattered the most.

Fuck them.