𝟎𝟏 ― Perfect/Prefect

one perfect/prefect

one perfect/prefect

          USUALLY, NADIA WAS NOT A VERY ANXIOUS PERSON. In fact, she liked to think she had a healthy amount of confidence, though Lucille would probably argue that she had more than the average amount. She held herself high, pony tail swaying in the wind, and didn't let people knock her down easily. When she knew she belonged, she made sure to show it even if others disagreed.

Though, there were some things that made her incredibly anxious. Exams, for one, because while she was a great student (in her not-so humble opinion) and made the best marks on her essays, her test taking schools were not ones people would kill over. She was alright, and mixed with more than enough preparation she did very fine work, but the idea of an exam that placed her entire learnings into one example made her incredibly nervous.

She did well, she always did, but quantifying that into one exam that her future employers would one day look and decide whether or not she was a hard worker made her melt into a bundle of nerves. She worked hard, tried her best, but sometimes didn't get the results she wanted.

But she also increasingly got anxious when one of her friends ignored her or was mad at her. Maybe that came from the lovely abandonment issues she got from her dear mother who left after giving birth to her, leaving her wonderful father to care for her, but the prospect of someone leaving her or turning their back from her made her want to vomit.

Logically, she knew that Lucille, Regulus, and Loren weren't going to abandon her over an argument or other problems going on in their lives or her own, but whenever they pulled away for a day or two or snapped at her, she thought the worst and ultimately made herself sick. Other people, strangers really, she didn't mind hating her.

She knew she offended people, knew she rubbed them the wrong way, and sometimes she was proud of that fact because she loved being able to say ha! you think I'm scum but I'm better at magic than you are! to anyone who needed it, but her friends...? No, absolutely not. The thought made her need to see Madame Pomphrey in the hospital wing.

Though, she supposed, today she was anxious for an entirely different reason. Her friends weren't ignoring her, nor did she think they were, and no exam was coming up since it was nearing the end of summer, she was anxious for an entirely different reason: whether or not she would Ravenclaw's female prefect.

It was already obvious that Lorenzo (Loren to everyone since he believed that Lorenzo was much too pretentious of a name) Donavan was obviously the male prefect for Ravenclaw. He was a goody two-shoes in every way, and a great example for younger kids. Happy, bright, and humble. Nadia, however, was not that.

She liked to think in some aspects that she was a great role model. Determined, studious, and proved herself in every way that she could, but she wasn't always the nicest person. She didn't walk around with a smile on her face but more of a scowl, and people were often intimidated when they met her eyes because they're reminiscent of a brewing storm. She was bright, sometimes with the right people, and not very humble. If she was good at something, she wasn't going to downplay it or brush off a compliment but instead take it and hold it hostage.