Meeting In Secret

It was a normal typical Monday Afternoon at H.S 118, of course, the only real difference was that it was the first day of spring. Everyone was sitting in homeroom supposed to be studying for this Friday's test but were instead having their own individual random discussions. The teacher Mr.Gwak was asleep at his desk "sipping apple juice" through his #1 teacher mug. Arnold and Gerald would look over at the teacher and chuckle from time to time, only to see and hear the Mr.Gwak snoring louder than a blue whale calling.

"Hey Arnold, We still going to the arcade after school or..." Gerald begins with a smirk tugging on his lips as if he's going to laugh at any second. At first the blonde was puzzled as to why his best friend was chuckling. Arnold looked at wide-eyed at his best friend all of a sudden feeling his face becoming flushed with heat spread across his cheeks. 'He suspects something again' Arnold thought to himself. " i-I mean we can but I have a few umm... e-errands to run after school. yeah errands. He barely managed to say with little struggle. It's as if his words got caught in his throat the moment his best friend smirked as if he knew he may show up late again to their usual after-school plans. Gerald only shook his head his knowing smirk still intact "mmm mmm mmm whatever you say, Arnold" he replied getting up and throwing his backpack over his shoulder as he bell rang proudly.

Gerald walked on ahead of his best friend knowing the routine by now ever since middle school his main man randomly started hanging back every other day and it repeated every two weeks. It's a perfect schedule to throw off anyone not paying attention but, Arnold has been his best friend since pre-school so he knows him all too well. What Arnold doesn't know, is that Gerald caught him in the act at on the night of the Christmas Party. Eugene the well-known clutz he is accidentally spilled something on the cafeteria floor. Arnold like the good guy he is offered to grab the mop out of the janitors closet and clean it up. The problem was Arnold was taking longer than needed just to get a mop. Gerald decided to go looking for him only to see Helga G Pataki coming out of the closet with ARNOLD?!?!?!?! She stepped out of the janitors closet cautiously only to give him one last kiss and began finger combing through Arnold's hair. She even wiped the lipstick she left behind off of his face, lips, etc. Gerald blinked several times to make sure he wasn't dreaming or worse going completely INSANE. Gerald decided to return to the party faking ignorance to what he had just seen. 

At first, Gerald was offended that his own best friend couldn't just tell him what was going on between his best friend and the very girl that continued to bully him since pre-school. It took a lot of thinking and spying for him to understand as to why Arnold couldn't tell him. It wasn't that Arnold didn't want to but Helga seems to be the one not wanting anyone to know. Gerald heard her bring up their social standing in school and how obviously Arnold was just way too good for her. She was right. Compared to her Arnold is looked at as King of the school he's ridiculously popular. Helga didn't have the best reputation but, it wasn't the worst either because we all remember how much of a bully she was to us all. I guess people really do change when you least expect it. 

Arnold watched Gerald walk out of the school, towards the direction of his house to pick his little sister Timberly from P.S 118.  Arnold frowned sighing silently to himself as he walked towards his locker to put whatever heavy books he didn't need away. "Hey Arnoldo, are you okay?" a familiar voice asked as she gently tapped his shoulder. "oh Helga, hey sorry I was just thinking..." he didn't realize he walked by her without greeting her let alone noticing her presence. "About Geraldo again..?" she asked almost in a low whisper gently touching his shoulder "yeah, I feel horrible about keeping our... relationship from him. I mean Gerald's been my best friend since pre-school and we talk about everything. I'm an only child but I've always looked at Gerald as my brother." he admitted to Helga looking over to her smiling as he put his booked away in his locker.

Helga felt bad asking Arnold to keep their relationship a secret I mean they've been together for almost 3 years and no one knows not even Phoebe. Every time Arnold is "dating" some girl they have to both endure it because of his reputation of being kind. He once tried lying saying his girlfriend doesn't go to this school, but everyone wanted to meet "her" his girlfriend. So I told him he could carefully get some girl to "date" him all the while explaining the situation to them and warn them not to tell. Of course, they would agree since they were from a completely different high school and Arnold was known as the hottest guy from H.S 118. What girl wouldn't go gaga over him right? "Arnold, I'm sorry I made you hide this from Gerald. I know it must be eating you up inside, maybe its time we tell a few people. Close friends at least." she corrected

Arnold was happy to hear that Helga is at least trying to make an effort in their relationship. He knows how uncomfortable she is with certain people knowing because she fears it may cause issues in their relationship. Arnold didn't mind at first until Gerald started to show signs of suspicion towards his best friend. Arnold doesn't want to feel like he's pushing her to do something she doesn't want to do on her own. "Are you sure you're ready for that Helga? I don't mind enduring it a bit longer maybe Gerald and Phoebe will understand when we eventually tell them the truth about what's going on." he stated smiling down at her "yeah I think I'm ready. I just hope their reaction won't be too bad... what are you two going to be doing after school?" she replied trying to be hopeful

"He mentioned something about meeting at the arcade," he said grabbing her hand as they started walking to the boarding house together. "He might as well know today then I suppose since you guys are meeting up" she replied looking down at their entwined fingers. Just when Helga least expected it she felt a pair of soft lips touch her cheek and a soft chuckle that echoed in her ears. she loved it when he laughed. He sounded so carefree and happy with that handsome smile that continues to make her heartthrob. That smile would make any girl's heartthrob as hard as mine she thought to herself. "Thank You."

Before they knew it they were in Arnold's room upstairs "enjoying each others company" Once Arnold finally found time to change and release himself from Helga's lips he met his best friend. Helga, on the other hand, met with Phoebe a nearby park. Of course, Phoebe was happy for Helga when she was told the great news at the park. Gerald had a field day seeing his friend this time because the evidence was all over his face. Helga would sometimes wear red, pink or violet lipstick and would often forget to get all the small traces on Arnold's face. "So, did you get beat up or did you just get lucky?" his best friend asked chuckling like a mad man from the funny farm

Arnold laughed it off and of course ended up having to tell his best friend the truth whether he wanted his best friend to find out or not. Gerald being the greatest friend in the universes agreed to keep this between a small circle of friends he and Arnold trust. Phoebe and Gerald would often help cover for Arnold and Helga helping them out of one of their many crazy situations. 'Pataki owes me big time for this and so does lover boy,' he said to himself shaking his head keeping the teacher distracted until Arnold and Helga returned to class.