Lonely

Katana refused to train Poppy the techniques of meditation. Nothing Amanda or Rick said could get the woman to change her mind. Even Amanda's threat of 'pulling her plug'. They eventually gave up, because Amanda still needed Katana for something or another, and so Poppy was out of luck ever learning meditation. Which was the only way anyone could think of how to help Poppy learn to take control of her powers. Batman refused to help. All of the superheroes refused to help. No one trusted Poppy, no one believed that she wasn't a killer, a villain. They had all seen the video, the whole world had. It was everywhere. On the internet, on the new, in the magazines and in the newspapers. They all thought she was a monster. A freak.
The girl was lonely.

Poppy sat patiently in her cell, waiting for Amanda to come and get her. Today was the day. They were going through the portal to the other dimension. The others had all decided that the time had come. The foreign radio messages had become more and more frequent. They had to go before anything bad happened.

The door to her cell opened, Amanda came in. "It's time."

Poppy stood up, scared, but ready. The only way she could go home to her family was to complete this mission.

Amanda lead her out of the cell and back out to the prison yard. The others were already ready, standing next to the portal.

Amanda gave them one last pep talk before they left. "Rick will have the ability to communicate with me through a radio machine. He will be taking with him a small army of soldiers, in case you come across resistance. All we need to know is if these aliens are hostile or not, and if they plan to attack. When we have this information, come back so we can prepare for any future situation we may have with these creatures. Got it?"
     They all nodded.

  "Go. Come back in one piece."

Rick spoke up loudly, "Alright guys, we go through one at a time. Once you are through, do not move until I get there. Let's go people, come on!"

Rick's soldiers went in first, then it was the Squad's turn. Deadshot gave a small sigh, "Here goes nothing."

He went in, and soon the others followed behind. Poppy stood in front of the portal, it was her turn now. She hesitated a moment. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and stepped through the portal. It was a weird sensation, almost like a swirling feeling. Her stomach felt a little nauseous.

In a flash, everything became settled once more. She opened her eyes. What she saw amazed her. The world they had just entered was a beautiful one. Lush trees and shrubs and bright green grass. It was almost like earth, yet the sky was a dark purple color. And everything seemed to have a touch of magic surrounding it.

"Beautiful," gasped Harley.

  "Neat," Captain Boomerang nodded, picking some salad out of his teeth.

Rick walked through the portal, a serious expression on his face. He wasn't interested by the alien planet, his only concern was finishing his mission. He immediately went to work, "Alright, now we have to find any alien life forms. Keep a look out for anything that seems dangerous, though, and keep your guns ready."

He went ahead first, of course. Followed by the soldiers. The Squad took the rear, weapons at the ready. Except for Poppy's, since she couldn't control them and all.

They walked a long time before they finally came across some sign of life. It was a huge city, but beautiful. There were shining skyscrapers and the roads were paved with what looked like alien steel. Machines flew back and forth in the air, it was a planet of technology. It was amazing.

"Äèrèng Mîrøng!"

The group of vigilantes jumped around at the sound of an alien voice. There a large group of them, pointing their own weapons at the group. They were tall, with scaly skin in a deep bluish color. They were out-numbered.

"Äèrèng Mîrøng!" one of them repeated. This one seemed to be the leader, as they stood in front.

Poppy furrowed her brows. She shook her head at the aliens, "We don't speak that language." She didn't know if they understood this, but it was worse a shot.

"Earth dwellers?" the leader questioned.

Everyone gave a sharp gasp. So they could speak English!

Poppy nodded, grin on her face, "Yes!"

"Mîrøng, Lëë Røng!" the alien commanded to the other aliens. They lowered their guns.

The alien turned back to the humans, "You must follow me. We've been waiting for you."

"You knew we were coming?" asked Rick.

"Of course."

And so they followed the alien.