Rhaena Targaryen

The Red Keep was a maze of endless possibility for the toddling child that roamed them, bright golden hair and a sweet smile gliding through the halls, the only happiness that could be found among the Keep now sat in her grandfathers lap as he told her stories of what was to be. The Madness inside of Aerys II was never shown in the presence of his young granddaughter, it bubbled inside of his mind, never spilling over.

The babbling child laughed as he told her stories of dragons soaring far above Valyria and the grand things that would come with them. The child was his light, though he supposed she would have to burn too, she would be reborn as a dragon to soar next to him, and the happiness that would come with it, would come to her too.

"Father, I think that's enough time with Rhaena, it's time for her midday feast." Rhaegar entered the room as his father smiled a smile that had not been seen by most, his brother Viserys nearly completely mirrored it, a smile that but their shared madness away.

The small girl leaped up at the sound of her fathers voice, a brighter smile came across her face as her small legs carried her to the man that kneeled down low enough to reach her. This was a new skill she had developed and it was beginning to come in handy.

Rhaegar knew of the end that was soon to come, his father grew more into his mind each day, the flames grew louder and the fear in his heart leaped each time he looked at his family, They were in even more danger each day that passed. Rhaegar knew what he had to do, he would get them all out of The Red Keep, he would keep them far away from the madness that roamed the halls.

"Rhaegar, my son, the heir to my throne, I wish that you would stop treating me as though I'm mad, I'm not." Rhaegar held his young daughter close to his heart and turned to leave as his father slouched down into the throne.

The babe in his arms was growing more every moon and it scared him sometimes, his children with Elia were protected by both parents but his Rhaena was his, only his, she wouldn't know the pain that they would, she would be protected by him, her own Queensguard.

"Ser Jaime Lannister, Please go look over my father, make sure he doesn't do anything too.. irrational." He acknowledged the young Kingsguard, the boy was no older than a squire but had become known as one of the best swordsman to ever live. He quite liked Jaime, Jaime was always polite and was good company at times. When push came to shove and Rhaegar couldn't look after Rhaena he trusted Jaime to look after the babe, usually finding the two outside in the gardens.

"Yes M'lord." He turned and ducked into the throne room staying close to the doors as to not be too noticeable, he and Rhaegar had both recognized the kings deteriorating health, though Jaime didn't know what to do about it.

"You've seen my granddaughter, the small babe, already beautiful, so happy all the time, it'll be sad to see her go." Aerys II frowned straight ahead but Jaime could tell that the man was speaking to him.

"She is quite beautiful, your grace." He nodded as thoughts of Cersei filled his head, his twin sister was to be married to a prince, a lord, a king, though malicious she was still beautiful. Almost too pretty to be that cruel, almost, after the birth of their younger brother she plotted to kill the babe in his sleep, a favor in her mind.

Jaime stood and watched as the king gave orders around the room, he gave council and though Jaime didn't agree with everything he said, he could tell that the King was as strong a leader as the others had been before him.

Ser Gregor Clegane stood on the other side of the room, the man had been the cause of much discomfort through Jaime's time as a Kingsguard, he was large, abnormally so and seemed to enjoy the mad kings antics far too much. One night he had caught him sneaking out into the dungeons to torture one of the prisoners, the man was found dead the next morning.

----------

Rhaegar had it all planned out, he had been making sure that all would go according to plan for months now, he would spend hours and hours inside of the library, the only place he would be undisturbed, thinking out every single thing that could go wrong, until there was nothing.

Rhaegar had decided that the only way for everyone to live was for his father to die, he would then take his place on the throne, to hell with Robert Baratheon, If it came down to it Robert would be locked in a cell. Though his plan was to promise him Lyanna Stark in exchange for an end to his rebellion, If he didn't take it, he would have him killed, nobody would stand in the way of his throne.

"Rhaena is here!" The toddling child came through the doors of the library with the help of her handmaiden, an elderly woman who adored the child almost as much as her father. The entrance had been grand to say the least, she was completely unfiltered and repeated everything she heard, hence the third person.

"Ah yes, my darling daughter, Princess Rhaena of the seven kingdoms." Rhaegar treasured his daughter like no other, his darling babe was his to worship, to hold. He wanted the babe to know glory and flourish as the queen of the seven kingdoms, to hell with his other children, she would be able to handle it far better than the others.

"Princess Rhaena is here to tell daddy that she'll be having tea with Queen Rhaella." The girl slapped her hands onto her father's cheeks and smiled a smile too big for a girl so young into his face. Her straight, pearly teeth were something she had inherited from her father whose smile had been known to melt women right out of their gowns.

"Have I also been invited?" Rhaegar teased the child, he had never been invited to the gardens to have tea, and he didn't suspect it would begin now.

"Of course you aren't, don't be foolish." She patted his cheek as she climbed off of his lap and waved at her father as she left the room, Jaime Lannister following close behind her.