Rhaena Targaryen

Rhaena smiled softly in the mirror as she brushed her hair. The thick, summer night was so humid that every breath she took felt heavy in her lungs. She didn't have these in the north and she found that the warm air filling her lungs felt like wrapping up into a blanket.

"Good evening, Lady Elyssa" Joffery Baratheon stood in her doorway, so far she had managed to avoid the boy prince but her luck had seemingly run out.

"Indeed it is, your grace." Rhaena stood to bow to the inbred prince, she gathered her skirts and curtsied before sitting down again.

Rhaena looked at Joffery through the mirror as she resumed her brushing.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit, your grace?" Rhaena smiled gently at the boy, he was younger than her and she had heard rumors of his quick temper. Cersei had never mentioned much of him, usually Myrcella and sweet Tommen.

"I am sure that you have heard of my betrothal to your sister Sansa," Rhaena knew what was coming next, he would "offer" her marriage, though it would be an order more than a question.

"I have." Rhaena smiled sweetly at the boy, she looked into his eyes and caught a short glimpse of madness. The same look she had seen in her grandfathers eyes when she was younger, though she knew that this madness had no weakness. There was no reasoning behind it.

"I find you to be a much more to my liking though." Joffery looked at the blonde haired girl, she didn't pause her brushing as she threw her head back in musical laughter. The boy prince would be angry if she had looked any less beautiful while doing it. But as he looked at her he felt stuck in his place, she turned herself in the chair and looked upon him.

"I thank you for the offer but i am hardly a lady, you cannot marry me." Rhaena looked at him curiously as he began a wide smile.

"But that is the thing, once i am king nobody can tell me who i can and cannot marry." Rhaena smiled softly, the way mothers do when speaking to their children,

"Damn you kings, all will fall when you begin to undo the writings of the ones before." Rhaena moved closer to the boy, she was so close to him he could smell the faint cinnamon on her skin. She pushed his hair back in a way that reminded him of his mother. Then she pressed a sweet kiss onto his mouth and turned to be seated again. Joffery was dazed, his mind was replaying the moment on a loop and his heart was in the hands of the girl that sat a few paces away.

"You may want to run along now little lion, you don't want to be caught leaving my chambers so late in the evening." Rhaena winked at him as he seemed to snap back into reality, his dazed eyes becoming as sharp and venomous as they were when he arrived.

"You will be mine, mark my words Lady Elyssa." Joffery left the room swiftly, barely opening the door as he slid out.

Rhaena sat and continued to brush her hair, she was getting ready to go to bed when her door opened again. Though this person didn't knock, Jaime Lannister stood in her doorway, it seemed as if he always was. He looked dashing in his white cloak as the torched hallway danced shadows across his face and armor.

"Why was my nephew in your chambers." Rhaena looked at him as she continued getting ready for bed. Her eyes cutting daggers at the man who seemed to believe that he was her father.

"I don't wish to share that with you." Rhaena could feel Jaime's anger as it increased, something about the girl seemed to anger him past his wits faster than anything else. She stood with her hand on her hip as he stared at her.

"Then i will remain here until you do, if you wish to behave as a child, i guess i will as well." Jaime moved across the room and undid his armor as the door closed behind him. He threw the sword onto her bed as he took off his shoes.

Rhaena raised her eyebrow at the man, he was well past her years and still so enamored with her. He undid the fastenings on his armor and it fell loudly to the ground.

"He asked for my hand in marriage." Rhaena said the words with a bored tone, men were truly beginning to bore her. They were all the same, stubborn and cocky, one day it would bite them all in the ass. Jaime paused his actions, and dropped his hands,

"And what did you say?" He said the words carefully, almost as if he was scared of what she might say.

"I told him I am not worthy, to which he responded that he didn't care." With that Rhaena blew out her candles and got into her bed, she had been awake for far too long.

"You can see yourself out Ser Jaime."