Cersei Lannister

Cersei sat in her chambers as she waited for Rhaena to join her, she had arranged lunch with the girl earlier in the day. As she waited Cersei wondered what everyone thought of their relationship, did people think it was sinister, a plan to destroy the Stark house? If they did they were wrong, Cersei couldn't explain why she loved the child like she loved her others, but she did, she knew that she would burn cities to the ground for her just as she would for the ones she had birthed.

"I apologize for the wait, your grace." Rhaena slid into the large room, her smooth voice filling the space and landing in Cersei's heart.

"There is no need to apologize, my darling." Cersei stood to greet the girl, she pulled her into her arms and placed a sweet kiss onto her cheek. Rhaena seemed to relax into her arms and pulled her in closer.

There was a bond between the two that couldn't be explained, Cersei protected the girl with all of her heart and Rhaena knew that if Cersei ever needed anything she would do anything to get it for her. She felt so completely engulfed in her love it was almost suffocating, she felt the love that every child should feel from their mothers.

"Now sit child, tell me of your recent endeavors." Cersei smirked at the girl, she was older than her other children which meant that they could have conversations like these, conversations she would probably never have with well-trained, Myrcella.

Rhaena sighed dramatically before she collapsed into the chair across from Cersei,

"Well your brother nearly made me burn down the keep, I met a handsome man that had to have been crafted by the gods themselves." Rhaena looked off into the distance dreamily, "And Lady Sansa has a crush on Joffrey." She cut her eyes to look at Cersei who looked amused at her words, she couldn't help but to giggle after she finished her tale.

"You've been enjoying yourself I trust?" Cersei laughed at the girl who took a sip of her tea and nearly spat it back out,

"Dear gods Cersei, what is this?" Rhaena could feel the tea burning her tongue in a way that she hadn't felt before, it didn't even taste like tea in complete honesty.

"It's warm dornish wine, it'll straighten your spine." Rhaena looked appalled at the woman, how in the seven hells had she managed to drink this stuff, it felt like a thousand dornish scorpions were on her tongue.

"This early in the day?" Rhaena giggled out as the feeling grew on her.

"With a husband like mine, I drink this for a midnight beverage." Cersei watched as Rhaena threw her head back laughing, her sweet laughter made Cersei's heart swell.

Cersei began to tell Rhaena of her day and the two shared a joy filled lunch.

"Long time no see Lady Elyssa?" Jares Redwyne stood at the edge of the garden, his red hair just as messy as ever and a wide grin on his face. Rhaena had been extremely busy the last couple of days, meeting other lords and ladies, doing the socializing she knew she needed to.

"I could say the same for you Lord Jares." Rhaena smiled at him and picked up her pace to reach him. She had missed the lord, she never really saw him around the keep as he was usually surrounded by ladies and other lords that wanted to wed him to their daughters.

Jares pulled Rhaena into a hug, pressing her into his arms and then holding her out at arms reach, "I heard about your screaming match with Jaime Lannister?" Jares smirked at her, his eyes questioning her.

"The man thought that he could barge into my chambers and I lost control briefly." Rhaena looked amused by the story herself as Jares broke into deep, rumbling laughter. Sometimes Jares seemed so Northern it scared Rhaena, how had a southern man developed such Northern traits?

"Well now I know what not to do." Rhaena smiled at Jares as they linked arms and began a slow stroll through the gardens.