Rhaena Targaryen

Rhaena screamed when she saw Bran laying in the courtyard, her and Cersei had been the first to arrive at the scene and no matter how brave the girl was nothing could have prepared her for the sight of her little brother laying mangled and half dead in the middle of the courtyard. Cersei grabbed the girl and pulled her head into her chest as she would her own child, the girl wouldn't stop shaking even after Cersei passed her to Ned, Hodor grabbed Bran as gently as he could and carried him to the maester and Ned lifted Rhaena and carried her to her chambers. Sansa, Arya, Jon, Rickon, and Robb hadn't been allowed into the courtyard but Rhaena had gotten there before Ned could even think.

The girl laid trembling near the fire when Jaime arrived into her chambers, he had heard of what happened from Cersei and wanted to check on the girl. He knew that it wasn't his place but had things been different he would have been her guard and he couldn't help but to want to protect the girl.

"How are you doing?" Jaime looked at the girl, she was staring into the flames with a blank look on her face. Her eyes were clouded over and it looked like she wasn't there at all, her mind was else where until she heard the door open and close behind Jaime.

"The maester says Bran may die and if he does live he'll never walk again." Rhaena turned to look at Jaime, tears in her blue eyes she was truly concerned for the boy, "He's my brother and there's nothing I can do to help him."

Jaime knew that the way that she felt was something that was only felt in the north, in Kings Landing there would have been no tears, only whispers of who would come after him. In the north they shed tears for their siblings and prayed for their well being, for gods sake the boys mother hadn't left his side and nearly fought her husband when he suggested it.

"May the gods give him strength." Jaime looked at the girl, the way that Cersei had been holding her was something that he had only ever seen her do with her own children, the way she had looked at the girl was something that he hadn't seen ever pointed at anyone except for her own cubs.

Rhaena flinched at the words and turned to looked back into the flames,

"Yes your gods." Rhaena hadn't believed in the gods since she was seven,

(*Trigger warning below, Flashback)

Rhaena Targaryen was walking quickly down the hallways of Winterfell, her long blonde hair was on display and she had been chasing Robb and Theon for her favorite hair clip. She had made a wrong turn, suddenly she didn't feel safe anymore and the lights were more spaced out, shadows and then light then more shadows. Rhaena didn't know where she was, she hadn't ever been down this part of Winterfell, she was down somewhere she had never been.

"Ahhh, a little stark, all alone down here." The man seemed to come from nowhere and when he came out of the shadows his face shocked the girl. He had a very handsome face, icy grey eyes, and a sinister smile on his face.

"I'm not alone." Rhaena tried not to look at the man, but as he got closer she knew that something bad was about to happen. She did the only thing she knew how to do, she began to pray to the old gods and the new, prayed for them to bring her brother and Theon closer to her, prayed for Ned to come and save her, prayed for even Catelyn to come. But nobody ever did, eventually her prayers stopped, somewhere between the time where he had taken the clothes off of her and him entering her. The blonde girl laid underneath him until he had stopped, her blue eyes filled with tears that had stopped falling but were clouding her vision.

"Not so much of a lady now are yah?" Rhaena felt like she couldn't breath as he finally got off of her, he had ripped her dress off of her and it laid somewhere out of reach, the man stood and smiled at the bloodied girl as he turned and walked away. Rhaena didn't want to move, she didn't want to stay either, she wanted to die. But she was scared that there would be more men like that and she moved as fast as she could to stand, not even bothering with clothes.

"Oh yeah exit is that way girl." The man laughed at her and she felt like crawling into herself again, just burrowing away and never coming out again. But she stood and began walking in the given direction until things became familiar again, it was Jon who found her naked and with blood dripping down her legs, he did the only thing he could do, he ran to find Ned.

The girl collapsed into her fathers arms as soon as she saw him, The entire castle seemed to become silent, nobody breathing as some saw the naked girl cling to her father Ned didn't even know what to do as the trembling girl looked up at him.

"I prayed for you, and the gods didn't send you." Ned just pulled her head into his chest and carried her to her room, she didn't speak for nearly three moons and when she finally did she sounded cold and different from how she usually did, she stopped going to the Godswood with Sansa, she stopped playing with Jon, Robb, and Theon, she almost never left her room, it took a lot to even get her down to meals. Eventually they found the man and Rhaena watched Ned cut his head from his shoulders, but nothing would ever make her believe in the gods again.

Nobody other than the few castle workers and the Starks knew of it, Rhaena had never truly gone back to the Rhaena that she once was, as a girl she was trusting and loved everybody she had ever met, but now Rhaena had learned that some people liked hurting people and she was skeptical of everyone. The event had broken the Rhaena that once was and from the ruins emerged the Rhaena that everyone knew.