chapter two

Six hours later and school was over, I sigh knowing it was also time to go back to the place I called home. I hated that place and silently prayed for the day I can finally leave it all behind.

The place had it perks, don't get me wrong but no-one wants to hire someone who comes from here.

If you are lucky enough to get a work from here you would have to lie about your address. Most people couldn't bother with the hassle so they either move away or turn to other illegitimate ways of living.

  I left school without telling the twins goodbye because they would want to find out why I left them earlier and I couldn't deal with that right now. I didn't know how I would explain to them that I was in love with Derek even though I think they might have suspected that I liked Derek way more than a friend.

"Tracy!" A voice called out from behind of me. I didn't have to look to know who it was  because the only person who took taxi around this area was Derek.

"Me never think say you would be waiting on you girlfriend. " The words flew out of my mouth  and I continued walking.

"Trace you know me no like when you take taxi alone go a that piece of place there!" He shouted and sped up beside me.

"Okay, what you really want?" I turned and I was directly in front of him and folded my hands.

Before he could answer a taxi driver came up to us and asked if we were ready to go .
We followed him in silence towards the car and got in. 

Realizing that we were the only ones in the car I questioned him about him and tiffany.

"So me hear that you and the thing get back together. " I gave him a dirty face when I said that. I wanted to say that she didn't deserve him and that she was just a gold digger but I knew he would just defend her like always.  I would look like the bad guy and he wouldn't speak to me for the remainder of the ride home. That was basically our cycle when ever it comes on to his sweet darling Tiff

"Tiff and I just working things out we not together again as yet but soon. Trace the girl nice eno why you and her can't be friends? " Derek stated leaning back in the seat.

"You mussi lick you head, me and that fi be friend. Never, so don't bother come with you foolishness. "  I snapped at him and rolled my eyes in disgust.

"Alright end the argument right there so" he them added "you mother ago be at the club tonight?" he changed the conversation towards my mother. I hate talking about the work she does because I knew she could do way better and she just  doesn't want to.

"She suppose to a work tonight." I said softly.

" Me will come stay with you until she come back then."

"She think you a me boyfriend eno and she all start curse me about it the last time you came , talk bout me soon get pregnant and she too young fi be grandma. " upon hearing this Derek started laughing.

"You mother did drunk Tracy? She must be because from we small we joined by hip, although nothing no wrong with her thinking we are together cause me no want none a them waste man deh think them have a chance with you." He became serious and started to rub his head.
Just then the taxi became full and it drove off towards the famous Ghetto, Bridgeville.

           》》》》》》》 ~~~~~~○~~○○○~~~~○~~》》》》》

After getting off the taxi Derek took my bag and we began to walk towards our street. Even though we live in the same street Derek house was about three or four lanes over yet still he made it his point of  duty to wait on me  in the mornings and bring me home in the evenings.

  This is one of the reason why I loved him because he is  such a gentleman. The first time I realized I liked Derek was when I was twelve and he was staying over my house when my mom was at work.  We were playing pillow fight and I accidentally fell on top of him and  my lips touch his.
Even though we were so young then, I still remembered how soft is lips were and longed to touched them again.

To this day we have never spoken about it.

"Yo Trace beg you for your number no." Kyle a "ganja head" , he smoked weed 24/7. He was sitting on the street wall calling  out to me which interrupted my my train of thoughts.

"Derek you just a watch out Tracy so, no wonder none a we man yah cant get a one talk with her." Upon hearing this Derek grabbed ahold of my hand and we sped up.

I was used to the cat callings by now.
The last thing I wanted to do was get involved with any of these guys that lives here.

Some good ones were still hear but I didn't need any relationship now.

After all the one person I wanted was unavailable.

We finally reached the  one and a half bedroom with a outside kitchen and bathroom shack which I  called my lovely home.

" What time you coming over? " I asked him talking my bag from him.

"7:30 , stay in the house and lock the door after your mom gone." He then added "the only person you must let in a u mom  or me, later"

"Adios Mr. Grump"

Instances like this  I wonder if he has feelings for me or is it that he thinks of me as his little sister.

Even though he lives in the ghetto he is from one of the better off families.

His family basically runs the church around here and love to help out the less fortunate. 

Derek had an older brother who got mixed up in bad company and landed his self in prison.

He is set to be released this year. I wasn't sure how he felt like this because he never spoke about the situation.

Shit was I a charity case to him?

Does he feel that he has to look out for me?

I know that me and my mom might be the one of the poorest family around here and people might feel sorry for us after all my mom did fall from grace when she had me at 14. 

Maybe Derek felt sorry for me and is looking out for me not wanting me to end up like  my mom.

Maybe I am over thinking this situation , I need to stop. Too much thinking isn't good for me.

$$$$%%%%% $$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$%

Enjoy 😘!