Chapter Six

Yay, early upload! I was kinda bored so i decided to write this, and this is where it ended up! Comment and Vote!!

And since I don't have much to say....

Enjoy! xox

*

(Rosy's POV)

"Mummy used to do that, you know." I yawn after waking up still cuddled next to Ashton. He is very warm, very nice to sleep on. Better than the ground, I decide.

"Do what?" He asks me, his arms around my waist and his head resting on my shoulder lightly, his legs on either side of me still.

"Brush my hair." I answer with a smile aimed at the wall in front of me.

"Oh, really?" He asks, genuinely curious, which makes me feel happier.

I nod eagerly. "Every Tuesday night. Sometimes when I was good she would at night, too." I explain matter-of-factly, nodding again.

Ashton smiles a little to himself, resting his chin on my shoulder again. "Maybe I could do that now?" He suggests hopefully.

I nod. "Yeah."

He smile widens. "Great."

I lean back against him, happy for the warmth he gives me. I am very small compared to him. Very small. He is very tall and looks very strong.

I try to keep my mind of my parents, but it is hard when everything reminds me of them. "Are my parents really gone?" I ask in a quiet, scared voice that wavers.

Ashton tightens his arms around my waist, hugging me from behind. "I'm sorry, angel." He whispers.

I choke back a sob. Mummy and Daddy are really gone. They aren't ever going to come and find me. They broke their promise to me.

I burst into tears, turning around to sit in Aston's lap with my chest against his. I put my arms around his neck and shove my face into the crook of his neck.

Ashton wraps his arms around my waist. He rests his head against the side of mine, burying his face in my messy hair. It got messy while I slept. He makes soft cooing noises at me, trying to calm me down but it doesn't really work well.

Nothing he can say with take away the gaping hole now in my chest. It feels like something is constricting my heart, like someone has plunged their giant hand in it and is squeezing as hard as they possibly can. It's like my chest is... empty. The only thing is my dead, beating heart that echoes around my chest quietly.

"Everything's going to be fine, Rosy." He whispers into my hair, rubbing my back gently.

My body shakes as I struggle to get a breath into my lungs. I cry out loudly again. "I want my Mummy and Daddy!" I sob hysterically, my words short and cut off by my tears.

"I know, angel, I know." He sighs, rubbing my back again.

I sob again, crushing my face into his neck again, my tears flooding down his skin. Why me? Why are my parents gone? Why am I ten years older than I thought I was? Why me? What did I do that was so bad that I deserve this?

I feel myself get lifted up as Ashton stands.

I cling onto him like the child I thought I was.

I hear a light get switched on, and peek out from his shoulder to see him taking me into the bathroom again. He sits me on the sink bench half facing him half facing the mirror on the wall.