Chapter Ten

Ok so I know it was a long wait... but these last two weeks have been anything but peaceful for me. At least the chapter got done, right?

So I just want to ask one quick question: what do you all think of the new cover? Well, its not exactly new but this is the first time I've uploaded since I put it up. But anyway, what do you all think?

Anyway, enjoy!

xox

The next day is Sunday. I spend it 'hanging out' with Amy and Ashton. That's what Amy calls it anyway. 

I am sitting on a sofa with my legs down it, leaning against Ashton's side. He is sitting straight, looking at their impossibly large T.V. His arm is over my shoulder and down across my chest, playing with the ends of my hair loosely. His eyes are glued to the T.V, watching whatever show is on. 

Amy is sitting on the armchair, watching the show too. 

I'm not watching the show. I don't even know what it is about. All I know is that there are a lot of singers on it. I am too busy thinking about random things. Like how I am starting school with Ashton tomorrow. Where Jack is. What else Amy is going to teach me about being a sixteen year old girl. 

I look up as Jack and a pretty girl walk in the room.  

"Hi guys." Jack smiles. "This is Mandy. She's my mate." He says proudly with a bright, big smile. 

I take another look at Mandy. Brown hair and bright brown eyes. Thin but not too thin. A nice smile. 

A happy grin curls up my lips. "Hi! I'm Rosy." I say over excitedly.  

"You must be Jack's sister. It's nice to meet you. Aren't you a pretty thing?" She coos at me, smiling warmly. 

I blush. I beckon Jack over. He leaves Mandy's side to come near me. I lean up to his ear. "I like her. She's pretty." I say happily.  

He chuckles. "I like her too."  

For a while we all get to know Mandy. She's really nice and seems to like Jack a lot. She knows that I was lost for ten years and I still have the mind of a six year old, and accepts that I am a little childish at times. 

I yawn a little. It's getting late. 

"Come on Rosy, bed time." Ashton tells me.  

I make a little annoyed noise. "I'm not tired though!" I complain tiredly.  

He chuckles. "Yes you are. Arms up." He instructs, standing up.  

I lift my arms up, wondering why. Ashton picks me up and puts his hands under my thighs. I wrap my legs around his waist and rest my head on his shoulder tiredly. I yawn again and close my eyes.  

"Say goodnight." Ashton tells me. 

"Good... night." I yawn in the middle again, not knowing who I am talking to. 

I hear chuckles as Ashton carries me up the stairs. He takes me to Amy's room and tucks me into bed. Kissing my forehead, he says goodnight to me and I say it back, before peacefully falling back asleep.

~Rosy's Dream~

I am six now. Not sixteen. Six.  

It's dark, and I am alone in the forest. Mummy and Daddy said we are playing the silence game. They ran off in wolf form, but I don't like being alone.  

So I followed them.  

When I catch up I see them in a small clearing, facing down three big men.