Chapter Sixteen

Finally uploaded! Yay! I hop eyou like it!

Enjoy!! xox

Recap:

I wake up sweating with a fast beating heart. I had another nightmare. 

A small whimpering sound comes from my throat. I kick the covers off me and swing my legs out of the bed. I slink over to Ashton's bed and crawl under the covers quietly. 

He's fast asleep, facing me. 

I scoot closer to him until I am curled up in his chest. I reach up to touch his cheek with my fingertips. He still doesn't wake up. I press my palm against his cheek.  

Ashton mumbles something that I can't understand. His arms inch around my waist and pull me to his body. He buries his head in my hair, taking a deep breath and breathing out. His hands press against my back as he settles around me. 

Just being near him helps me to calm down. I rest my head against his chest and fall asleep again.

(Ashton's POV)

Surprisingly, the next morning it wasn't Rosy who woke me up, it was my Mum. Usually it is Rosy wanting school to start early, but today it wasn't. 

Mum doesn't bother knocking on the door. She knows that if it isn't locked she can come in if she wants to. That's the way it's been since Dad and Diana passed away. 

I was still asleep when she came in, though I am close to waking up.  

"Ashton. Rosy." She says, shaking me by the shoulder and probably Rosy as well.  

When I hear a small grunt of sleepy annoyance, I subconsciously tighten my arms around... something. Someone.  

That makes me jolt wide awake. My eyes fly open and when I look down I see Rosy curled in my arms, pressed against my chest. Her head is resting on my collarbone comfortably. Her arm is tightly slung over my torso; as if she were afraid I'd disappear and wanted to keep a hold on me. That thought makes me smile a little. I can feel that Rosy's hand is fisted at the small of my back.  

"Aw, isn't that adorable?" My Mum coos. 

I groan. "Mum." I whine, dragging the word out.  

"What? It's nice to finally see my baby holding a pretty girl." She says. 

"I'm not a baby anymore." I argue.  

"You're a baby compared to me." 

I huff. "Why are you waking me up?" I ask curiously. 

"Well, you started schooling Rosy on Wednesday. That was five days ago, which means she's done a full school week, even if it went through the weekend. I was just thinking you guys needed a break, especially Rosy." Mum says, patting Rosy's hair down. 

"You really like her, don't you?" I ask, watching my Mum stare at Rosy. 

"I do." Mum sighs happily. "It's like having another child in the house. It's great that I get to watch her grow up and mature. It makes me make feel like I have known her for her entire life." 

I smile to myself. It's a good feeling you get when your Mum likes your mate so much.  

Rosy rolls over in her sleep, pressing her back against my chest. She turns her face into my pillow and takes a deep breath of my scent, making me smile at her.