Chapter Thirteen

Sorry about the long wait. I was very distracted over these last few weeks :) Anime is really addictive! Anyways, I tried to make this a little longer than the last one, so hopefully you guys like it.

Enjoy!

xox

Recap:

I snarl, backing away from him. He doesn't seem safe. He looks scary.  

The rogue wolf snarls back at me. He starts circling around me, as if he were stalking me like I stalk a rabbit.  

I take a step back away from him, suddenly wishing for Ashton's aura of safety to be around me. I want the comfort he gives me.  

I let out a loud, daunting howl. 

The rogue aims an infuriated howl at me. 

He lunges.

I yelp and duck under his large, brown furred body, scampering away before he has a chance to turn and leap at me again. I howl once more, an urgent sound, calling for Ashton.  

I hear a howl in reply; one I know comes from him. 

The growl coming from the rogue werewolf abruptly stops. His ears perk up as he listens to Ashton howl, before he growls a me again. He springs at me again, and this time I can't dodge his teeth. His jaws clip my shoulder, making me cry out in pain.  

I bark at him, which turns into a growl. My head whips out so that my tiny jaw can attempt to wrap around his neck, but I can barely reach halfway. Instead I end up with a mouthful of fur and a little bit of skin. 

I skip back away from him before he can grab onto me and shake me like a ragdoll. I stand in front of a tree again, drawing myself to full height -which isn't much.  

I growl defensively again, my fur bristling and standing on end. My shoulder starts to hurt, and my back half is still aching too. Especially my back legs. I growl at the rogue. 

He growls back, stalking closer again, reading for another attack. 

Another snarl enters the mix, making my heart leap and the rogue cower. 

I run for the new voice.  

Ashton steps out from the shadows, growling, angry beyond belief. He drops the clothes in his mouth -I notice some are my new ones. Ashton steps in front of me protectively, his brown eyes darkening so they almost blend into his black fur. 

I hide behind him, feeling weak but safe.  

More growls come from behind me, making me jump and squish into Ashton's side. 

Two wolves, both a mixture of greys and whites, but none black like Ashton, are accompanied by a dark blonde wolf, darker than me.  

When Ashton does nothing about them, I figure out that they are from his pack. I should have realised it before, the dark blonde wolf is Jack. 

I turn my head away from him. I am still not happy with him. He was mean to me. He yelled at me when I was already crying.  

The three new wolves lunge at the rogue as he turns and runs off with his tail between his legs. 

Ashton turns his head back and nudges me gently, an apologetic noises coming from him. He licks the side of my head slowly, a remorseful gesture. 

I lean down and pull my clothes apart from Ashton's, nudging his towards his paws. He picks them up, like I pick mine up and leads me behind thick trees and bushes. He leaves me on my own to shift back while he moves behind another tree.