The girl

"Get your hands off me!" Draco moaned as he entered the classroom with Professor Flich. Everyone stopped drinking, laughing, talking to stare at Draco who was clasped in Flich's grip. His black suit was crimpled and he stared at everyone with an annoyed expression.

"Professor Slughorn sir," Flich said proudly like he had just found something extraordinary, "I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to be invited to your party."

Before Draco was able to speak Cormac said out-load, "Didn't he come with you (Y/N), he is your boyfriend."

Then another student said, "Yeah, surely he was your date." All eyes were fixed on me. I looked around at them, not knowing what to do.

Do I lie, say he is my date? Surely someone will speak up and say I went with Blaise and get me into trouble. I looked over at Blaise who was holding two drinks, one for me. Surely he would want me to lie for Draco? Does he even deserve it?

Or do I tell the truth, so everyone thinks we aren't together anymore? I couldn't bare the fault of everyone knowing that something was going on with us, it would just mean more whispers and talking behind my back. But that would happen whatever I do.

I looked around and it felt like everyone was staring, waiting. I looked over at Draco who gave me a...pleading look. Me heart started to feel like it was going to come out of my chest. The beating grew louder and louder.

I couldn't take it no-more. I rushed through everyone and out of the door. As I left I heard Draco say something about 'gate-crashing'. Was he actually waiting for me to lie for him? I raced into a bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. What had I done to myself? I would of never allowed anyone to make me feel this way, to make me feel like I belonged to them. I couldn't take it no more. I couldn't even cry anymore because all my emotion was gone.

I grabbed a tissue to dry the minuet tears which had formed in my eyes. I walked out of the bathroom and into the empty corridor where my heels made a loud sound on the floor. As I carried on I suddenly heard what sounded like an argument between two people. As I got closer I realised it was Draco and Professor Snape. I quickly hid in a slot in the wall; if I had carried on I would of been seen.

"I was chosen, this is my moment!" I heard Draco hiss. Chosen? Suddenly, when it had gone quiet and I thought the argument was over, Professor Snape continued," I can see that the girl is becoming a distraction, you need to do something about her. It can not be found out that she is stopping you from completing the deed"

What was going on? 'The girl'? 'The deed'?

"She's not a distraction, just leave her alone." Draco fired back.

What had Draco gotten himself into.

---------------------------------------------------

The train ride home was filled with Hermione going on and on about and exam that she believed that she failed. After my drama-filled exit at Slughorn's party I hadn't really talked to no-one. I only apologised to Blaise about leaving him which he had taken politely and hadn't asked me anymore questions which I was thankful for.

We had sat in a different carriage to Ron and Harry; Hermione still hadn't spoken to Ron. She had gotten up and gone for a walk half-way through the trip home (probably to get away from my moody face) and when she came back she was furious. Probably she saw Lavender eating Ron's face again or something.

Once the train stopped I quickly hugged Hermione and found Ron and Harry and said goodbye to them. Harry gave me a stare like he wanted to chat but I really didn't want to hear what he had to say. He had still the impression that Draco was a Death Eater and I slowing started to believe him.

I grabbed Midnight and my trunk and fast-walked over to my mum who was waiting for me at the end of the platform. The smile on her face grew as I walked closer to her and as I reached her she exclaimed, "I've missed you so much darling, I'm so glad your back!" She embraced me tightly before I replied, "Me too mum, me too." I started to tear up a bit; the emotion this past term had been too much. It was a shame that I couldn't tell my mum; I didn't want her to get into any business linked to dark magic.

----------------------------------------------------

We arrived home and I ran up to my bedroom. My father would be back shortly since he was dealing with a case. I walked into my room, the sheets had been changed from green to red. Even though the main colour theme was of course green my mother always changed the sheets to red to still show that she 'excepted' me being in Gryffindor even though it had been 6 years.

I placed my stuff down and walked over to the window in my room. I looked out at the magnificent view; my room had the best view of the garden. The perfectly-cut hedges surrounded the cute pond which we had charmed so you could see the brightly coloured fished swimming around. It was good to be home.

"(Y/N), come down, I've prepared a snack for you!" My mum shouted from the bottom of the stairs. I raced down the steps and into the kitchen to find some toast and a drink on the table. I sat down as my mother took off her glasses and lifted her head up from the piece of paper that she was reading.

"Oh honey, some of your Muggle friends rang on the Muggle thing that you asked us to buy. They asked if you were having fun at boarding school."

"Oh ok, I'll call them up later." I said as I drank some juice.

"Also we have been invited to the Malfoy's annual Christmas party in a few days time. I have bought a few dresses for you that are in your wardrobe. You can pick one to wear."

I almost choked on my juice. I had totally forgotten. What was I going to do? I couldn't go and see Draco and hang out with him for the whole night. I just simply couldn't go...

Or maybe I should?
-------------------------------------------------------
What have you got planned....
I hope you guys liked the chapter and I'm so thankful for over 700 reads! It means a lot