Jack Slater part 5

Interview participant: Jack Slater (Friend of Miss Turner)

Interviewed at: 14 Nelson Walk, London. [Residence of interviewee] 4th June 2015. cont.

She came back from Uni one day in a really bad mood, slammed the front door and hid in her bedroom.

"What happened?" I asked walking over to her slumped on her bed.

"I made a complete fool of myself."

"More detail please."

"I took your advice and asked Cory out today."

"Really? What did he say?"

"I never actually got as far as asking him, I got all tongue tied and completely embarrassed myself. He probably thinks I'm a complete freak now," she groaned and I couldn't help smile at the irony of the situation. Bell was having boy troubles.

"So are you gonna try again?" I asked to which she gave me a blank look.

"No thank you."

"Come on, you know what they say about getting back on the horse"

"I'm not going through that again," she said.

"Listen Bell, do you like this guy?"

"Yeah."

"Then you'll ask him out again and again until he says yes."

"But -"

"No but's. I'm expecting you to be going out with Cory by the time I come back from my trip."

"I used to like your pushy attitude. Right now I can't remember why" she complained throwing a pillow at my head.

"Whatever, you know you love me" I laughed before leaving her room to continue packing for my business trip.

I had been given an assignment with the company to meet with a few clients face to face, it meant traveling to America for a month or so. Bell was sad I had to leave her but she was also excited for the opportunity I was getting. I was a little worried about leaving her alone for so long, but I was sure she would have enough work to occupy herself and hopefully Cory would keep her company. We talked on the phone every night for the first two weeks but then all my calls started going to voice mail. I assumed she was just busy but when I got back she wasn't there. Some of her clothes were gone but that was it. I haven't seen her since.