Jack Slater part 3

Interview participant: Jack Slater (Friend of Miss Turner)

Interviewed at: 14 Nelson Walk, London. [Residence of interviewee] 4th June 2015. cont.

I moved away from Bell after college, she decided to take a gap year to save up for university and I went to live in London after getting a marketing internship. We still kept in touch and at first I visited her a number of times. I guess I got really busy with my job and our daily phone calls turned into monthly ones. Bell was working at a hotel in town and started dating this guy, Jacob something. She never really talked about him a lot, I knew something was wrong but didn't want to interfere when I didn't know the whole story. One day she just turned up at my flat with a suitcase.

"Oh my god, Bell. What are you doing here?" I asked giving her a hug and helping her inside.

"Can I stay with you for a while?"

"Of course. But what happened?"

"I just needed to get away." Was all she told me. It took me two days to get it out of her, I let her have some space but I was starting to worry and needed to know what had happened.

"It's stupid, I don't even know how I got myself into the situation." She told me holding her cup of tea tightly.

"You can tell me."

"Jacob asked me to marry him."

"What? Wow that was quick. You've only been dating for three months."

"I know, but for some reason I agreed and well I just fell apart. I don't love him, I don't even like him sometimes. I was staring at my wedding dress and trying to remember why I was marrying him. In the end I just packed my bag and ran." She explained.

"You ran out on your wedding day?"

I was so shocked and a little annoyed that she hadn't told me she was getting married, but I could see she was upset and lost. The girl sat in front of me was not the real Bell. She had been slowly losing herself for a while now and I guess she had finally cracked.

N9N|N