Chapter 3

It was 6:30 and Alexa still hadn't picked out what she was going to wear. He had said nice casual. Sighing heavily she grabbed a pair of jeans with a blue top and a pair of flats, then she ran a brush through her hair and it pulled it back into a pony tail. She heard her phone go off and saw that it was from Chance. She wasn't sure how to tell him what she thought. She didn't want to say anything to him yet just in case her and Hunter weren't actually supposed to be together. Before she could text Chance back she heard a car pull into the driveway and honk. She stuffed her phone in her pocket, took one last look at her reflection in the mirror and hurried outside.

"Hey" she said to him as she sat down in his car.

"What's up gorgeous?"

She took a minute to look at him. He had a crooked smile with short brown hair and stubble. He wore a black button down shirt with a pair of jeans.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer."

His words brought her attention back. She blushed lightly and playfully slapped his shoulder "Yeah. Right".

They drove for sometime before reaching a movie theater. She looked at him and raised an eyebrow

"What? Dinner and a movie is a classic first date."

"Ok. Fair enough" she said laughing as they walked inside.
************************************
It was almost 11pm when they started back towards Alexa's house. They rode most of the way in silence.

"So, I know you felt what I did in the woods."

She huffed "I have no idea what your talking about"

"Don't lie to me baby, it's not nice. Have you told your family?"

"No. And I don't plan to either"

"What are you gonna do? Just disappear?"

"What are you talking about?"

"When a female finds her mate, the law has always been that she moves into his house. Remember?"

"Fuck."

"Don't tell me you forgot."

"I'll have to lie to you then."

He laughed "Look, I'll give you a week to tell your people and to get your stuff together"

"Thanks for that."

They had just made it back to her house. She said goodnight and walked inside. Unsure of how she was going to proceed with the next week.