Sex, Lies, and Veritaserum

Drarry, Smut, 17,953 words
By: lettered

Harry and Draco had been married almost a year when Draco said, "I've put Veritaserum in the wine."

They'd had a nice meal. Afterwards, Draco had insisted on night flying. Back at the flat, winded and slightly reddened by the cold air, he had suggested wine. He had been distracted all evening, Harry had noticed. Slightly distant, in that Draco way, but also agitated. From time to time his eyes had come to rest on Harry and he looked almost . . . longing, but when Harry caught him looking, he'd steadfastly turned away. Probably looking forward to the great sex they were going to have, Harry had concluded. It was getting late.

Now that Harry thought about it, Draco had seemed distracted for more than just tonight. The last several weeks had seemed strange.

Harry put down his glass. He hadn't drunk any yet. "Why . . ." he began, and stopped to watch Draco, who was taking a rather long sip from his own glass. "Why?" he settled on.

"So we can talk."

"We can always talk." Harry pressed a hand to his temple. "If you wanted to dose me with Veritaserum, why would you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want to dose you. I want you to dose yourself."

Harry felt like rubbing both temples now. Instead he closed his eyes, and opened them. Draco was still lounged on the couch, drinking his wine. "I've never lied to you, Draco."

"I didn't say you had."

Harry glanced at the wine. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Sex."

Dismayed, Harry said, "Why would I need Veritaserum to talk to you about sex?"

"In order to have an honest discussion."

"I told you; I've never-"

"I have."

Harry gaped. "You've lied to me about-" His eyes went to Draco's glass. "You've dosed yourself?"

"Yes. I may lie, but when I lie about sex it's because I'm ashamed. I wouldn't-" Draco looked down at the wine. "I hate Veritaserum," he added, and drank the rest of the glass down.

Harry felt as though the ground was being taken from under him. "Ashamed?" he repeated.

"That's why I need the Veritaserum."

"What are you ashamed of?"

"The things I want you to do to me."

Harry's palms were suddenly sweaty. He licked dry lips. "What sorts of things?"

"The things I can't ask for. I-I'm probably going to need more." Draco started to get up.

Harry put a hand on his shoulder, pressing him back down. He took Draco's glass. "Only you could talk circles around Veritaserum."

"I want to be straight forward. It's very hard for me, Harry."

Hearing Draco so earnestly admit to a weakness made Harry's heart twist hard inside his chest. "Are you sure you want to do it?"

Draco held his eyes. "Yes."

"I'll get you more." Harry went and poured another glass.

As soon as Harry put the glass back into his hand, Draco took another sip.

Harry very carefully tried to think of a question Draco couldn't get around. "What things can't you ask for, that you're ashamed of, that made it so you wanted to take the Veritaserum?"