14

The next two days went by fast. Then, Friday came around, and I found myself, debating on what to wear. I had three outfits picked out.

One was a simple blue blouse and white jeans, and it was paired with a carnigan and my favorite, black, ankle-high boots.

The next one was a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I shook my head, and I tossed it back into my closet. The last one was a pair of skinny jeans and a black sweater along with a pair of flats.

I chewed the inside of my cheek, a habit I needed to stop, and went with the first outfit. I got dressed then went into the bathroom to curl my hair. It didn't take long. I took my glasses off deciding to go with my contacts instead. I stared at my reflection in the mirror for a moment then eyed my makeup.

I never wore makeup, and I meant ever. Don't get me wrong, I knew how to do makeup, but I didn't wear it. I sighed and unziped the bag. I put some mascara on along with eyeshadow then applied some clear lipstick.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves then made my downstairs. All three of my brothers were in the kitchen when I walked in, and each one of them raised their eyebrows.

"What?" I snapped.

"Where are you going all dolled up?" Nathan asked.

I rolled my eyes. "I have a date. Duh," I said.

Nathan looked at Nick, and they both started laughing. Once they calmed down, Nick asked, "No, really."

"I have a date with Ridge McCain," I said.

"Yeah, right," Nathan asked.

"You guys dating? Is that why he's been around so much?" Kyle asked.

I nodded. "Yeah."

Nathan shook his head. "You're lying. There is no way Ridge McCain would ever give you a second glance," he said.

Then, the door bell rang.

"Ask him yourself," I said with a smile as I made my way to the door. Nathan, Nick, and Kyle followed me. I opened the door, and almost fainted, no lie.

Ridge looked smoking hot. He had on a pair of dark jeans and a black botton down along with a pair of black high tops. He looked me up and down shamelessly.

"Hi," I greeted.

"Hey, babe," he said.

I looked at Nick and Nathan. "See?" I asked. Nick walked off.

Nathan eyes Ridge curiously. "You're dating Braelyn?" he asked.

Ridge nodded. "Yes," he said.

Nathan walked toward Ridge and whispered something in his ear. Ridge looked at me as Nathan backed away then nodded toward my brother. Nathan walked away. Kyle smiled. "Have fun and don't get her pregnant," He said.

My eyes widened at Kyle. I walked out the door, slamming it in Kyle's face. Ridge smiled. "You look gorgeous."

"Thank you," I said as we stepped off the porch.

The door opened, and Kyle yelled as loud as he could, "Remember, Braelyn, don't get pregnant! I'm too young to become an uncle!"

"Kyle Harris Sawyer, shut up!" I yelled back, my face turning red.

"No good comes from babies!" he yelled back.

I grabbed Ridge, who was laughing hysterically, and grumbled, "Come on."

We got into the car, and Ridge pulled out of my driveway. Kyle was still yelling the most embarrassing things.

"Your brother is hilarious," Ridge said.

"Annoying is more like it. Hey, what did Nathan say to you?" I asked.

Ridge smiled. "He threatened me," he said.

"Nathan did what?" I gasped.

"Don't worry. If I had a little sister and someone was taking her out, I would've done the same thing," he replied, grabbing my hand.

"What did he say exactly?" I asked.

"He told me that if I hurt you, He would burn me alive," Ridge said.

"I'm going to kill him," I growled then softened a bit. Nathan never did that before. I didn't think he had the heart to. He made fun of me constantly.

"Don't, Brae. It's fine. Really," Ridge laughed, kissing my hand.

"What movie are we going to see?" I asked, changing the subject.

Ridge shot me another dazzling smile. "I was thinking of Suicide Squad," he said.

I squealed, "Oh my God. That sounds awesome!"

Ridge laughed, "Anything for you."

About twenty minutes later, we made our way into movie theater. Ridge bought the tickets along with some popcorn and drinks. That's when I spotted Wren with Tyson Bennett, the captain of the wrestling team. She was stroking his biceps.

She must've realized that I was watching her, and she met my gaze. Her eyes went to Ridge, and her features hardened. Ridge wrapped an arm around my shoulders and kissed the side of my head.

Wren gave me a death glare, and Ridge and I made our way into the theater.
××××××
When the movie was done, I told Ridge I would meet him outside then went to the bathroom. I did my business and came out of the stall. As I washing my hands, the bathroom door opened, and in came Wren.

"I told you to stay away from him," She spat.

"I don't take orders from you," I replied, drying my hands.

Wren stepped toward me until she was in my face. More like my face in her fake boobs. She was wearing stilettos, so she had a couple of inches on me.

"You do now," she said.

I scoffed, "Yeah, sure. Why don't you go find your boy toy for the night? He's probably getting lonely."

"Don't test me, Braelyn. I will make high school a nightmare for you. You will turn into a scared, little girl," She said.

I rolled my eyes. "I highly doubt it," I said.

"I can make anything I do to you look like an accident. Don't you forget it," she said.

I pushed past her and made my way to the door. I looked her. "If you want to talk about accidents, you should ask your parents." And with that, I left the bathroom.

Ridge was outside. He smiled then it faded. "Hey...wait what's wrong?"

"Wren," I said.

"Dear God," he said, trying to go back inside to find her. I stopped him.

"She's not worth it. Let's just forget about it," I said.

Ridge studied me for a moment then sighed, "Wanna go get some ice cream?"

"Sounds great," I said with a smile.