23-Ridge's POV

I woke up, hastily rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "Braelyn?" I called out. No one answered. I looked over at my clock, reading the time as a quarter to seven.

I sat up, the washcloth Braelyn gave me falling into my lap. My eyes wandered over to my desk. There was a piece of paper on top. I walked over to it and plucked it off.

Dear Ridge,
You fell asleep, so I'd figured I would let you rest. You need it. I'm sorry I didn't stay longer. I hope you feel better, and you can call me when you get up if you want.
-Braelyn

I knew why she left. It was because I told her I loved her. "Why did I do that?" I wondered out loud.

We had only been dating for a little over a month. I clenched my fists, and threw the note in the trash. "Ridge, I'm home!" I heard Dad call.

I made my way out of my bedroom and down the hall. "Hey, Dad," I said.

"Did you get some rest?" he asked me, feeling my head. "You've cooled down a little."

"Yeah, Braelyn came over and put a cold rag on my head," I said.

He raised his eyebrows. "That girl you're dating?"

I nodded. "Yeah," I answered.

"I ought to meet her sometime from all the talking you do about her," Dad said with a smile.

"Mom did," I said.

He nodded. "She told me. Said she was a nice girl. Very pretty, too."

I smiled. "Yeah, she is."

"Are you hungry?" Dad asked me.

I shrugged. "A little," I admitted.

"Pizza sound good?"

"Meatlovers pizza?" I asked hopefully.

Dad wrapped an arm around my neck. "Anything for you, bud."
××××××
I placed my plate into the sink then pulled my phone out, debating on whether or not to call Braelyn. I bit my lip, drumming my thumbs on the screen. Then, I just placed it back into the pocket of my sweatpants.

I made my way to my room then over to my laptop. I turned it on, waited for it to boot up, and logged in. My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I pulled it out of my pocket.

My friend, Stormy, was calling. I slid over to the answer button and put it on speaker. "Sup," I said.

"Dude, you sound terrible," he laughed.

"Yeah, I know. It's just a cold, though," I replied, logging into my Facebook.

Stormy chuckled again. "Yeah, sure, and I'm just Jesus."

I snorted. "Uh huh, whatever you say," I replied.

"When are you coming back to school?" Stormy asked.

I shrugged. "I have no clue. Whenever this cold goes away. I feel like crap," I said, scrolling through my news feed.

"Okay," he said. "So, how's Braelyn? Have you told her about the dare yet?"

I froze. "No, and I'm not going to."

"What do you mean you're not going to? Don't tell me you fell for this nerd," Stormy snorted.

I let out an angry breath. "She's not a nerd, and like I said, I'm not going to tell her," I said, logging out of Facebook.

"You didn't answer the other part, Ridge."

I stayed silent.

Stormy erupted into laughter. "You fell in love! You actually fell for Braelyn Sawyer, the biggest loser in-"

I hit the end call button before he could finish his sentence. Placing my head in my hands, I let out a breath.

You need to tell her.

Shut up.

She's going to find out some way.

I'm warning you.

Oh, come on. Do you really think you can go on in a fake relationship?

I hit my fist on my desk. "Shut up!" I hissed. Was I really talking to myself? I was going crazy.

My heart was heavy with guilt. I couldn't believe that I actually accepted that stupid dare, but my ego was all that was on my mind.

I sighed. I needed to tell her, but how would you tell someone that dating them was all part of the dare? But then again, how would tell them that you were in love them after the first part was out?

I made a mess of things, and the girl I love was going to never want to see me again. Oh, I made a mess bigger than I imagined.

And I didn't know how I was going to get out of it.