Chapter 1

Lexi's POV

"Babe we've got to hurry up or we are gonna be late for the plane!" I yell at my husband who takes absolutely forever to get ready.

"I'm hurrying I'm hurrying." He comes in with only a towel around his waist.

"Eric! You don't even have clothes on!" I yell at him.

"I'm working on it babe I promise, I've been helping Alex and Lani get ready." He comes over and gives me a quick kiss on the lips and goes to get ready.

I huff and head in my kids' bedroom. They had both their bags packed and we ready to go.

"You guys excited?"

"Of course Mom, I've never been on a plane." My 14 year old son says as he combs his hair one last time.

"What about you Lani baby? You excited?"

"I can't wait Mommy it's gonna be so fun!" My 8 year old daughter runs up and gives me a big hug.

"Can you guys promise not to fight on the plane? Mom might get you guys something special if you do." I look at my son.

"Sure, but don't hold me accountable." Alex rolls his eyes.

"Boys are weird Lani, don't get near them." I laugh with my little girl as Eric comes in with a blue shirt and light brown kaki pants.

"You all ready?" He checks his watch. "Oh shït we gotta go now."

"Daddy don't cuss it's bad for you." Lani's blonde curls bounce as she gets into the car.

"Yea Dad." Alex winks his Dad's green eyes and heads out.

"You okay baby?" Eric looks at me.

"No, but I will be." I lock the door behind me as I leave.

"No one is gonna bully you, we are all adults now." He kisses my forehead.

"Eric." I grab his arm as he tries to leave. "I've had nightmares about going back, now look at me."

"If you're anxious about seeing her then don't be. She's not gonna do anything honey."

"I'm not worried about her, well now I am but I don't know. I feel numb." I shrug.

"It'll be okay, but for now we gotta catch that plane." Eric takes my hand as we head in the car together.

The car ride was peaceful as I saw all of the business of L.A. It calmed me down a bit and let my muscles relax. Eric turned on some tunes of our day and explain some of our old dance moves to the kids. It was really cute and made me love him more. Though it made me think of what he said a few weeks ago.

FLASHBACK

"Honey I have something to tell you." He sits next to me on the bed.

"What is it? Did something happen?" I worried because Eric was never like this unless it was something serious.

Eric sighs and puts his hand over mine. He looked me straight in the eyes and I saw his caring loving soul in his.

"Lexi, my company is moving to New York." Eric still stares at me.

I process what he had just told me. His company is moving? What does that do to him? What does that do to us and our family that we've created here?

"Eric, the kids can't live without you. They'll miss you so much, I'll miss you so much." I sigh.

"Lexi, I'm not the only one moving. I thought because you're a stay at home Mom and I'm the only one who works we kind of have to go where my work goes. Well I guess what I'm trying to say is that we are moving to New York." Eric's eyes show me nothing but sadness.

"We can't just pick up everything we have here and move! Are you crazy?! Our kids Eric our kids will be heartbroken and poor Lani oh my little Lani, she already has trouble making friends. Moving her to a whole new state isn't gonna help her Eric. And Alex is finally making progress in school, he actually doesn't mind it as much now." I squeeze my husbands hand. "Did you even think about the family?"

"Of course I thought about the family!" Eric yells. "I care about all of you so much Lexi! It took so much of me just to tell you."

I look away from his eyes and let go of his hand. I couldn't bear to see his face anymore.

"Darling why don't you look me in the eye anymore?" Eric grabs my cheek and makes me look at him.

"Because I feel as though we are drifting apart Eric, and this isn't the only time I've felt this." I stutter a little bit.

"What are you saying love?" I feel Eric's eyes peer into my soul. 

"I don't know Eric, I feel as though we are not as close as we once were." 

"Well Lexi we had kids, life moved on." My husband smiles.

I had to smile with him. His lips kissed mine and we both hop into bed. Though no sleep came to me that night.

REALITY

We reach the airport in the nick of time to catch our flight. Though it only brought on more thinking. Lani sat next to me and I gave her a piece of gum so that her ears wouldn't hurt later. 

"Thanks Mom." She smiles. 

"Lani do you think I'm a good Mom?"

"I think you are the best mom, Mom." Lani looks away to talk to her father and I just sit and smile.

At least for once in my life I did something right. My little girl makes me smile so much, and Alex reminds me so much of his father when he was younger. We were just a cute little family. At least on the outside because on the inside we are a complete mess.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I'm so glad that you guys love Best Friends Or More so here is Enemies or more. May I remind you guys that we got over 500 reads on Best Friends... that's crazy! I love you guys and hope you love this new book because a lot of twists and turns are coming your way.

-Sillywriter4