Chapter 4

ALEX'S POV

Dally and I leave the restaurant and head out into the street. After a while of walking around we get some ice cream. I get large chocolate and he gets large superman.

"Hey I've got a cool spot to go to." He grabs my arm and we sprint towards anywhere.

Rights and left we take I forget them all. He leads me up an ladder and then some stairs and then all I know is we are on top of a building. The roof was flat and there were some chairs so I got one and pulled it up to the edge. Dally did the same.

"This is amazing Dallas." I look up at the thousands of stars.

"Yea when I was smaller I would come up here all the time to get away from my parents." He nods.

We eat our ice cream and just sit up there for a bit. My cone was really good. Then I felt Dally's arm go around my back and on my shoulder. It felt weird to be like this with Dally. He didn't seem to mind so I didn't care either.

"I'm gonna have a cig, you want one?" Dally pulls out a pack.

"Nah, I don't smoke." I shrug.

"Fine, I'll let you have a drag of mine for your first time." He lights the cig and takes a puff out of it.

After he breathes out the smoke he hands me the cig. I wanted to say no, yet I was curious. I didn't think Dally was gonna judge me if I didn't like it. So I take it between my fingers and take a medium sized puff. It felt relaxing almost and I breath it out.

"Like it kid?"

"It's okay." I shrug.

"I've gotta a beer, want some of that too?" Dally looked at me seriously.

"Sure." Dally gets up and goes behind one of the sheds.

When he comes out he is holding a beer. He hands it to me and I open it. My mouth stops right before drinking some. What would my parents think? Dally isn't pressuring me at all, I couldn't blame it on peer pressure. Then I say to myself 'what's the worst that could happen' and take a gulp.

"Woah kid, you got to pace yourself." Dally laughs.

I almost spit it out but then gulp the hard gold liquid down. I laugh after I get it down and sigh.

"Dally, do you think I'm ever gonna get a girlfriend?" His icy blue eyes give me a stare.

"I dunno kid, I'm not good at judging these kind of things." He gets up and walks around the roof.

At this point I truly see Dallas. His icy blue eyes and brown dark hair. His skinny body and good looking jawline. He wore a dark blue shirt with some faded out gray jeans. Black converses covered his feet.

I was just a little thing with no muscles and noodle legs. I wore my red sports shirt, and some light blue jeans and some red Nikes. I had brown hair but it didn't look as good as Dally's did. My jaw was not as sharp as his was but I wasn't worried, I'd get a girl someday hopefully. My eyes were as green as the grass down below us, just like my Dad's.

"Has your dad talked to you about these things kid?" Dally sits down again.

"I mean he's told me to bring home a good schooled girl someday and don't get her pregnant. Though I don't plan on even finding a girl." I sigh and start to tear up.

"Alex, is everything okay?" Dally grabs my chin.

"I don't know Dally, I don't know what's wrong with me." I start to bawl.

"What do you mean Alex? What do you mean what's wrong with you?" Dally hugs me and lets me cry into his broad chest.

"Dally, I don't like girls." I whimper into him.

"Wait, Alex are you..."

"Yes Dally I'm gay!" I scream.

I feel his cotton tee shirt collect my tears. Dally lays his head on me.

"Alex it's okay, everything is okay." He says burying his face into my hair. "This is normal Alex, this is normal for some boys, and some girls."

Dally grabs my chin and makes me look into his eyes. He starts to smile and his face softens. My tears stream down my face, not stopping at all.

"Look at me Alex, you are normal. This is how life goes. Some people like girls and some people like boys and that's perfectly okay. Being gay is okay." Dally chuckles.

"Why are you laughing Dally?" I whimper.

"Because for a long time kid, I couldn't figure out myself. I didn't know what was going on nor did anyone else that I dared to tell. Alex, there's a reason I've only had one girlfriend in my life." He puts one of his hands on the back of his neck.

"What wait are you saying?" I stutter.

"Alex, I'm gay too." He smiles. "I love men Alex, just like you. I understand what you're going through because we are practically the same person."

Dally gets closer and our lips touch. At first I didn't know what was happening and then all of a sudden I feel his tongue.

"Oh Dally..." I mumbled as he makes out with me.

Over and over he kisses me and I let him. After a while he pulls away and smiles at me.

"We shouldn't have done that." Dally laughs.

"But we did." I laugh with him.

"Alex, what are we going to do now?"

"I dunno." For some reason I start to get angry. "What did I just do?! Oh god I didn't just do that!"

I get up and start to pace around the roof. I felt so angry yet I didn't know why.

"What are you doing Alex?" Dally chuckles as he wipes saliva off his mouth.

"Dallas I... I hate this!" I yell.

"What are you talking about kid?" Dally comes up behind me and hugs me.

I feel his lips touch my skin to give it love marks.

"No get away from me!" I run away from his grasp.

Then I hop off the roof towards the stairs that we came up from. I go down the ladder and then sprint in any one direction. I take a few lefts and a few rights and soon enough I'm at the restaurant that we ate at.

"Alex!" Dally yells for me but I ignore him.

I keep running as tears run down my face. I felt so angry yet I didn't know why. I felt like what we did was wrong yet, it was the best feeling ever.

All my dad ever told me was girls love boys. Not boys who love boys, that was wrong.