Chapter 3

ALEX'S POV

It was a black shirt with some dark blue jeans and I looked... hot. I turned around and looked at the back side and almost died. I flexed my muscles to look more masculine.

"Are you gonna come out slow poke?" Dallas says as I open the door.

I sheepishly walk out almost afraid of what he was gonna say. His icy blue eyes showed nothing.

"What do you think?" I ask him.

"You look good kid, whatever you are going to they're gonna love it." Dallas smiles.

I smiled as I went back into the dressing room to change into my normal clothes. At least I didn't look like a total idiot. Though it seems that I always do no matter what. I walk out and Dallas is looking through the graphic tees.

"Where you staying tonight Alex?" Dallas asks.

"The Margont up the street." I shrug.

"Really? I live in the house across from that." Dallas smiles. "We should hang out tonight."

"I don't know if my parents will let me." I frown.

"Its gonna be late at night Alex, they're not even gonna know."

"Oh, okay." I smile as I realize what I am doing. "Where do you wanna meet up?"

"By the baker's pastry. We'll meet there at 12 and then we'll see what we want to do. Bring money just in case we want to get a bite to eat or something." Dallas walks away and I can't help but laugh.

I just met this guy yet we are hanging out at midnight tonight. This is gonna be interesting that's for sure. I walk over to cash register 6 to see Mom furious.

"Alex Wade Sky I told you to meet me here and now I have been standing here for at least 20 minutes."

"Mom there's no way its been 20 minutes, you're exaggerating." I look at my phone at show her the clock.

"Whatever Alex, just put your stuff on the belt I'm not even gonna look at it." Mom pays for all of my stuff and then we head out into the car to unload it.

After that I go put the cart away and we get into our little prius and drive away. Mom doesn't say much and neither do I. I don't think she's still mad at me I just think she's got a lot on her mind with the whole reunion thing. I don't blame her, I would be too.

We pull up to the hotel and get all of our stuff out of the car. Mom shuts the truck door after I get all of my stuff and we head into the hotel. Once we get to our door Mom opens it and lets me walk in first. Dad was laying on the bed while Lani was sitting on the floor playing with her Barbie dolls. Mom smiles at the sight of her and lays all of the groceries on the round table.

"Eric I just got some pizza rolls so if you could, can you heat them up for the kids?" Mom sighs.

"Yea sure babe." Dad gets up and grabs the pizza rolls. "Son, how many do you want?"

"I'll take 15, I'm starving." I feel my stomach growl.

"What about you sweetheart? How many would you like?" Dad asks as Lani runs over rand grabs his leg.

"I want 6." She says.

"Only six?" Dad looks at her.

"Yea I'm not hungry Dad." She shakes her head.

I give out a little smile and then I sit on the couch. I think about Dallas and how I am gonna sneak out tonight. Dad hands me my plate and I gobble it all up. Mom sits across from me and I look at her.

"You okay Mom?" I ask.

"Yea I'm fine honey, just your mom is thinking about a lot of stuff." She look up at me and then gets up to go into her bedroom.

I look at Dad and he shrugs. After he gets Mom's plate done and then his he comes over and sits next to me.

"Women are strange son. Sometimes they make sense and sometimes they don't." Dad laughs.

"Dad, how did you and Mom meet?" I ask.

Lani comes up and sits on Dad's lap and he huffs.

"Yea Daddy, how did you and Mommy meet?" Lani smiles.

"Well umm, that's interesting. Lets put it this way, we knew each other in high school and then we kind of never let go of each other after that. Soon I asked her to marry me and then you guys appeared." He shrugs and laughs.

"Dad!" I punch him in the arm.

"It's true son! That's how we knew each other." Dad laughs even more.

"Whatever Dad." I walk over to the sink and rinse out my plate.

Then I go to my room for it was getting late now. I take a nap for about 4 hours to wake up to 11:30. I almost hop out of the bed and grab the 2nd room key. I sneak out of the room without any noise. I run to the elevator and push the lobby button. Once I get down to the lobby I almost sprint out the door. The pastry place really wasn't that far so I made it in no time with only being almost hit maybe 3 times. I see Dallas run at me and we both smile. Soon Dallas slows down so he doesn't run into me.

"How you doing kid?" Dallas smirks.

"Good, you?"

"Fantastic now that I'm out of that house." He rolls his eyes and then looks back at me. "It's a long story and frankly I don't care enough to tell it."

I shrug. We started to walk down the street as the lights around us lit up.

"Wanna go get a bite to eat? There's a pretty good restaurant near here." Dally offers.

"Sure yea that would be great." We start walking towards a place that looked pretty nice.

"So, with the whole girl thing. Do you got one?" Dally looks at me.

"A girlfriend? No I'm more worried about my studies right now. Plus I haven't found one yet that really attracted me." I shrug.

"Ah nah bro not me either, I've had one before but it was like when I was nine." He laughs.

"How old are you Dally?" I ask.

"I'm seventeen turning 18 in a couple months, what about you kid?" Dallas's eyes looked into my soul.

"I'm 14 turning 15 in like a week." I shrug.

"Ah so you're only a baby boy." Dallas laughs.

"I am not!" I yell.

"I remember when I was your age, so full of hope yet I should've known." He chuckles.

We enter the restaurant and get seated. I order just a water and Dally orders a Mountain Dew.

"So kid, what's your home life like?" Dally looks at me.

"Well I've got a Mom and a Dad, a little annoying sister, and a dog."

"You've got the perfect life don't you?" Dally sips his drink.

"Well I mean sure, I guess." I shrug. "What about you Dally?"

"Well hmm, I've got an abusive Dad and an alcoholic mom. That's about it." I look at Dally as if sensing a joke but there was none.

"Well, that's depressing." Dally shrugs. "Hmm what about... how many friends do you have?"

"Like maybe 1, maybe not even that." I sigh.

"Same kid." The waitress lady comes back to take our order.

"I'll just take some cheese curds." The lady nods.

"And I'll do the 12 oz. steak because I'm starving." He hands her the menu and looks back at me.

"Wow, you're that hungry?"

"Yes." He shrugs.

We both laugh as our food comes. I gobble down the cheese curds and Dally practically annihilates his steak and baked potato. I smile at his eating skills and he soon belches and I giggle.