five.

a promise.

the date of the marriage is tomorrow, and jimin is a nervous wreck. he still is trying to get used to life in the palace and tomorrow, that little silver encrusted ring will be placed as a promise and devotion to the royal family, jimin doesn't know what to expect.

sure jungkook isn't outright cold and smug, but he also doesn't shows signs if being soft and tender for jimin, it's just paper work to him, where in maybe two years time they will be able to divorce and go on their separate ways like how jungkook wants. but what the primce doesn't know, he would also be taking a piece of jimin's heart with him as well.

it hurts to see the lingering gaze the male gives as yugyeom comes into his vision, the way a small smile will tug onto his usually emotionless face, how his eyes turns into one filled full with sheer love and admiration.

we'll learn to love each other, jimin once thought stupidly, but as he kept looking at jungkook and the different ways he treats people, he could not, for the life of him, ever convince himself jungkook would forget about yugyeom so being the more matured one, he lets it slide and bottles up all his emotions for the time being.

"aren't you supposed to be asleep?" his voice booms through the deserted front garden, voice resonating against the palace's walls and night sky.

"why do you care" the silver haired mumbles, the stars are unnoticeable tonight, midnight sky pitch black and lonely, jimin thinks they're the same.

"what's wrong with you? honestly i've been nothing but thoughtful and atten-"

"i'm going in" jimin makes a move, standing up but gets stop by long fingers wrapping around his wrist.

"if you're going to be my husband, you have to listen to me, you have to at least try and not put a face out there tomorrow among thousands of citizens watching us, don't give the palace a bad impression" jungkook stared into brown irises, seeing nothing but worry and anxiousness.

"you should sleep" he says, voice much softer, accompanying the silence of the night.

jimin swallows the lump in his throat, ignores the electricity that jolts in his system at the touch and removes his hand, slowly padding back to his room without uttering a reply.

the crowd's overwhelming, wanting to see two young male getting married but sadly, only the royal family gets to witness the ceremony, although the two newly-wed would go around the suburbs, as a sign of commemoration of the marriage.

jimin's parents are there with him, giving his words of encouragement while embracing him.

the marriage isn't set in the modern way, having to follow the royal law, even their appearance has to resemble the look of a royalty.

once the ceremony starts, jimin stays silent throughout, only speaking when they have to announce their vows and the slip of the ring onto his finger.

jungkook doesn't look contented too, the smile barely passing a smile but the crown prince musters it up, a saccharine smile plastered onto his face as jimin slips the ring on his finger.

they heard loud applauses as eyes stared against one another, having the same thoughts but jungkook leans, placing his lips onto jimin and pulls away shortly.

jimin stays numb, but he can't fight of the faint blush on his cheeks, he can't let jungkook affect him, it's just a kiss, it's what normal couples do when they get married.

he can see his parents face glowing, eyes glassy as they watch their son but jimin feels guilty because this might end with a divorce in two years.

the king and queen looks satisfied and proud too, as they got onto the carriage and were brought around the neighbourhood, loud cheers and bright boards held up once the gates open.

they smiled and waved as they were told, and jimin sees his friends while they go around, smiling softly at them as they waved.

once the whole ceremony was over, both prince gave their final greetings to the king and queen before being brought to their respective rooms.

it was a thick, defeaning silence but they have not said a thing to one another after the reception, jimin inhales deeply as jungkook retreats to his own room because as the queen said, they shouldn't be sleeping together just yet.

the silver haired takes a long shower, trying to take in all of today's event. it seems unreal, now married at nineteen but he can't even feel the supposedly symbolic and intimate devotion one makes to another, maybe because they aren't real lovers after all.

when they arrived in school the next day, jimin smiles politely at the students that had gathered around the limousine, their bodyguards making a path for them to enter the school.

jimin doesn't miss jungkook walking over to where yugyeom is, at the end of the corridor where they stood.

he doesn't understand why his heart aches at that. he shouldn't be feeling this way, it's all marriage on paper, all fake and to please the king's wishes.

as he walks to class, a figure bumps into him, making him almost trip of not for the hand around his wrist.

the other spills out an apology, asking if he alright and jimin recognizes that voice. the male turns, seeing the familiar face again.

"oh you again" taehyung laughs, nodding his head.

"sorry to bother you again, but can you tell me where's the art class?"

"right here" jimin chuckles, seeing taehyung mumbling an 'oh' as his cheeks turned a slight pink.

"i'm taehyung"

"i heard from jungkook, you're a prince too right?"

"you can say that i guess but i don't live in the palace since i left my postion in the past" jimin was about to ask him what position but the bell rang and he makes a mental note to ask him later on, if he remembers.

he doesn't.