twenty seven.

the nature of love.

once they got back to the palace, jungkook laces their hands together and brings jimin to his room, settling down on the couch in his domain. "shouldn't you eat something first? you look so pale" jimin asks softly as jungkook nuzzles his face into his neck, missing the elder's warmth.

"don't want to, just want to stay here with you" jimin sighs but gets up and leaves the room, making jungkook make a noise of confusion but he comes back a while later with a plate of food in his hand. "eat, jungkook-ah, please"

"but we wanted to talk"

"we'll talk if you finish eating this up" jungkook huffs but doesn't protest when jimin brings a spoon up to his lips, finally being able to eat a proper meal after being worried sick for the past week. "you always tell me to keep myself healthy but you're here not feeding yourself" the silver haired scolds lightly and now it seems like jungkook's enjoying being fed by the other, making him roll his eyes.

"it's your fault i didn't eat" jimin immediately tenses as his movements falters for a second, but he continues spooning the food for jungkook, letting out a weak smile. "i'm kidding, min, i know i shouldn't have been so careless" jungkook stops him when he brings the spoon to his lips, looking at the crestfallen look on jimin's face. "i hate making you upset" the other whispers out wistfully, letting the spoon down and wrapping his arms around himself.

"can we talk now?" jungkook shifts and faces jimin, taking his hand in his and comforts him quietly. jimin takes a deep breath before looking up at the black haired, his midnight eyes alreading staring at him in earnest.

"i'm sorry for ignoring you for the past few weeks. . .during taehyung's party, i overheard you and yugyeom talking about studying overseas and i just, i felt played i guess. one second you're telling me that you have feelings for me and then the next i hear you talking to yugyeom about your furture plans when i'm here. it got me thinking that you've already had your future planned out for yourself and all the happiness i've been feeling before i stumbled upon the both if you conversing was all fake and i know i should have trusted you, and i do jungkook, but it hurts because my insecurities always hunts me because we both know how much yugyeom once meant in your life and how people always say you don't just stop loving someone so quickly so it scares me that one day i'll lose this, that i'll lose you" both males are crying but jimin wipes his tears before continuing,

"this marriage we have, none of us thought it will end up like this. we hated each other didn't we. god, we went through so much since the start and now i can't help but think of you every second of my life. i worry about you, i get upset when you ignore me, i feel safe everytime i'm in your arms and it made me realise how foolishly in love i am with you. i fell in love amidst this mess we have created. i fell in love even when i knew you wouldn't have love me back at that time but i still did. you awe me, baby. the way your eyes crinkle in happiness, the way you smile, they way you laugh and cry. how you're such an amazing prince, how strong you are, how despite your cold and aloof demeanor, you're actually so so precious and something to be valued. however i need to know your feelings too, my prince," he chuckled softly, looking at jungkook's tear stained face, his hold tightening in his hand, "if you don't want to spend the rest of your life with me, tell me now"

jungkook can't hold in the sob anymore and breaks, heaving as his tears cascades down his cheeks, "god you're so stupid, so stupid" he glares up at jimin and the males reaches over to wipes his tears while shooting him a look. jungkook crying startles the elder a little because it's rare for the male to cry but when he does, it's painful to watch. jungkook always put up a tough front but everyone breaks, and this confession was enough for jungkook to crumble.

when he regains his composure again, he gazes up at jimin who is patiently waiting for him. "it is true that i've been planning my future, and once thought of having yugyeom with me, but it's different now. you misunderstood it all. yugyeom's out of the picture isn't he? i know it'll take time for you to fully believe that i've moved on from him and i understand that but please don't ever doubt of my feelings for you. these past weeks have been torture for me, jimin. it made me realise how hurtful it was to be pushed away by you, how i missed you so so much and how my heart breaks everytime you pull away. just like you, i've fallen in love along the way, and i'll continue falling everyday, this love i have for you will only grow everyday, do you understand that, love? i honestly," he hiccups, fresh tears falling again and he removes his hand from jimin to wipe at them and takes in a shaky breath, "i can't imagine my life or future without you in it now. and i can never promise that this marriage will last forever and that you'll always be happy with me, because we don't know what the future holds for us but please, let me love you while i can and don't ever let me go" his voice is hoarse from all the crying but jimin's heart feels warm and his stomach twist at the distraught look on jungkook's face, as if he's terrified of the thought of jimin leaving him.

jimin doesn't say anything but instead moves and settles on jungkook's lap, cradling his face in his hands and feels jungkook's hands wrapping around his waist before he leans in, stopping to let jungkook stop him if he wants but the male just flutters his eyes shut and jimin slots his lips over the black haired, a blissful sigh escaping his lips. jungkook rests his back against the armrest and jimin moves his hands up to tuck on the black locks, mewling when jungkook bites on his bottom lip, pulling them closer as their tongues met and clashed against one another. jimin pulls back when his lungs burn, moans as jungkook starts sucking on his bottom lip, running his hands up and down his back.

eventually they slower things down, the kisses turning to pecks and sweet eskimo kisses as jimin leans against jungkook's chest, hands drawing patters on them. "i love you" jimin says as he smiles softly, jungkook's breath catching in his throat again at how beautiful his husband he is. "i love you too, sweetheart" he brings a hand up to caress the male's apple cheeks, sighing in content as he closes his eyes. he feels light, as if all his worries has disappeared and that he can finally breathe again.

when he opens his eyes again, jimin is softly sleeping on his chest and his heart burst in flames.

"i love you so much sweetheart"

hello! i'm back and yes, here's the long awaited chapter for you guys ): for those who are still reading, thank you so much, i love you.

also quick question, smut for last chapter? the next chapter is probably the last soooo hehe. get ready babies.