twelve.

some time out.

the stayed at the park's penthouse for a week, eventually saying their goodbyes and truth to be told, jungkook realky had treasured and enjoyed all the time spent. it was warm in their house, always inviting and he feels as if he never has to worry, his responsibilities as the crown prince pushed to the back of his head for once. but he knows, it wouldn't be like that once they step foot back into the palace.

"take care of yourself mom, dad. i love you" the silvered haired says softly and embraces his parents once more before turning around to leave, his head hanging low all the while.

"jimin" said male hums, stare still focused on the ground and jungkook sighs before tilting the other's head up, his own heart breaking at the crestfallen look in the other's beautiful brown eyes,

"we'll visit when we can alright? please stop crying" jimin sniffs, not even realising the tears flowing out his eyes and nods, wiping it away harshly as they get into the car, the ride back to the palace silent as both males were deep in their own thoughts.

"your highness" mr. lee's face lit up with a smile at the sight of jungkook and jimin, bowing to them along with jimin's servants. "it's good to see the both of you back in the palace, it's as if a light has been switched back on" jimin laughs softly while jungkook gives the old man a warm smile before going to the elder's domain to give his greetings.

"they have been really welcoming and warm, they treated me as an equal there and it made me look at things in a new perspective" jungkook said in between his conversations with his mother and the great queen.

"they treated each other as if they were friends, they spend time together and play together, it is as if the bond they have is so strong as a family" the two woman smiled, and the great queen continued asking more questions about his visit there.

"as the days go by, i worry about your father's health and well being, i hope as a crown prince, you will have the responsibilities and take on it dutifully" jungkook's mother started when it was only the two of them in the room. "yes i will, your highness" as he thinks about recent events, the words just slipped off his tongue, "mom. . ."  he glances to see his mother and knows that they wide eyes that was staring back at him was the reaction he thought of.

"prince, what did you just say?" when jungkook doesn't answer, she furrows her brows, "has the stay at the crown prince's household made you weak? think about taehyung and his mother, although it seems as if they're not doing anything now, your position as the crown prince could easily be snatched back. you are in position to be a crown prince, do not let me down"

jimin frowns when he sees the black haired male sitting at the chesterfield armchair placed outside their room, gazing at nothing in particular. but jimin knows sowmthing is bothering him. by the tense in his shoulders, the way his lips are curved down a little and his dark eyes looking lifeless and tired, he knows something must have happened when he visitied the royalties earlier on.

jimin quietly takes a seat at the leather couch beside the male, observing jungkook for a while before taking in a breath, "your highness?" he tries and when jungkook turns to look at him, he offers the male a smile, "what's wrong?"

"since when do you speak to me formally?" jimin chuckles and instead repeats his question to which he receives a shrug from the prince. "you said that everytime you are down, you hoped i would come and cheer you up right?" jungkook snaps his head up when jimin suddenly sits on his lap, arms slowly snaking their way around his neck.

"jimin-" his words died on his tongue as the silver haired placed a delicate peck on his forehead, travelling down to his nose, cheeks and finally his lips. jungkook is always entranced to those soft, pink lips and never wasted a moment to wrap his arms around jimin's waist, seeking for the male's lips.