Chapter 18.

"-Be judged by the seven stars!"

Jellal directed the arrows towards Natsu's legs, which successfully one went through causing him to tumble on the ground and gasp for air. The other arrows rose and went for his arms when they were suddenly countered by a ice arrow cutting through them before they were able to hit they're mark on Natsu arms.

"You idiot." Gray mumbled towards Natsu. "You should always watch your back first."

Natsu grunted in response as turned around staring at the bloody leg with a aggravated expression, and he glanced back with Jellal with a glare.

"Jellal, man, I don't what they got you under, but you need to come out of it. I don't want to hurt you."

Jellal laughed. "Hurt me the likes of you?"

Lucy raised her eyebrow at his sudden cockiness. She knew the disappearing act would come in handy, as she slowly muttered incarnation under her breath that slowly had stars wrap around Gray's feet without him noticing as he stared on Jellal. She noticed the markings of a devil slayer slowly come onto his body, and she couldn't help but smile. It was never ending battle with darkness and the light. In fact, he was in for a treat, she was both. Lucy would show Gray the "Devil Slayer," what she felt every second, every minute of the day.

"Stars bring forth the light."

Lucy lifted her hand towards Gray before curling into a fist. The stars gripped onto his skin practically nailing him into the ground. Natsu eyes widened when he recognized the presence that was now around them. Gray expression never flattered as blood seeped from his feet, because at the same moment he felt the presence Natsu did.

"You screamed Lucy's name earlier, didn't you?" Gray directed the question towards Natsu. "Why?"

Natsu swallowed before, he sat up staring up at the sky with a concern expression. He glanced away towards Gray with a unreadable face as he clenched his fists. Gray knew from how he was acting confirmed what he was assuming.

"I saw her, she saved me." Natsu admitted. "She attacked at me first, then it was like a switch of emotions in all of a sudden. I don't know, maybe it's like with Lisanna, I'm just, losing it."

Jellal chuckled catching all of their attentions.

"You aren't losing it." Jellal muttered. "You should wish that you were."

"The fuck, you mean by that?" Natsu snapped. "You don't know shit."

"I know more than you know, fire shit head." Jellal admitted. "You wish-"

Lucy's hand touched Jellal's shoulder silencing him from speaking his next words. He could now feel the overwhelming presence behind him and he gulped knowing full well what would happen if he kept his act up.

"He wishes what?" Gray asked. "You would wake the fuck up? Yeah, same."

Jellal cleared his throat. "He'll wish his precious Lucy was here to save him, that's what I meant."

"-Enough." Juvia interrupted coming behind the bushes with fury in her eyes. "Don't speak of Lucy anymore."

Gray eyes widened as he realized that his now back up was discovered. He attempted to go for her when the stars that plunged into his skin held him down. They slowly slither up his body heading for his mouth to silence him from calling out to her.

"Lucy died Natsu!" Juvia exclaimed. "She lost her life, and I almost lost my life, they tortured our master, are you going to allow that?"

Natsu gritted his teeth. "Hell no, not in a million years!"