Needs to Know

Kara's pov-

She needs to wake up. If she doesn't wake up, she'll never get to know. She needs to know. She needs to know how much her smile brightens my day. How lost I get in her eyes. How she always can make me smile. How she has the biggest heart. How she has my heart in the palm of her hands. And how sorry I am that I never got the chance to tell her how I feel, she needs to know. We were talking moments before the attack. I could've told her then. But I didn't.

"Kara?"

I jump from getting scared, "Oh my- you scared me."

"Sorry, didn't mean to," Alex comes and sits by me, "She was incredible, you know. It was one of the scariest things that has happened to me. One second there was sound, the next all I heard was silence. Then she fixed it. It's just... incredible."

I smile, "Yeah. She's incredible."

"Kara, Y/N is an alien, isn't she?"

"Yes."

"Ok. You like her, don't you?"

I smile at Y/N, "Without a doubt. I just wish she would wake up so I could tell her."

"She will, don't worry."

"How do you know?"

"Y/N is a fighter. I feel it. Hopefully these sunlamps will recharge her fast enough."

Suddenly the door opens and J'onn walks in, "How is she doing?"

I sigh, "Still unconscious."

He groans and rubs his temple, "Damn it."

"We should probably get going. I haven't slept in almost 48 hours, and Kara, you have work tomorrow."

I know she's right, but I can't just leave her. What if she wakes up? I can't miss it. I feel a tug on my arm and I look to see Alex trying to get me to go. Taking a glance at Y/N, then back to her, I just nod and walk out. This can't be it, what if she never wakes up?! Wiping away a tear I tell Alex and J'onn goodbye and head home.

Y/N POV-

I miss Kara. I miss everyone. I wish I could find a way out of this world. It's like the actual world, but no people, completely empty. Skyscrapers are still here, people's cars are still here, but no people. It's honestly really boring, and kinda scary. Absolutely no one. I could probably do whatever I wanted and there would be no repercussions. I wish I had told Kara before I came here. At least, that way, she'd know. Even if she doesn't feel the same, she'd at least know.

"You aren't going to make it anywhere by moping, you know."

I jump at the unexpected voice and turn to see a woman, "Uhh... who are you?"

She gives a warm smile and walks over to me, "Someone here to help. You want to get back, right?"

"Yes."

"Then there are a couple things you've got to do."

"Well? What are they?!"

"First, you must go to the spot where you left and came here."

"CatCo."

She nods, "And then, you must go to where your body now lies and connect with it."

"I'm guessing that I was brought to the DEO. But it's so big, how will I know which room I'm in?"

"You'll know. Now go, you don't have much time."

With that, she disappears. What does she mean, 'not much time'?

Kara's POV-

It's been a week and she still hasn't woken up. Alex says all we can do now, is hope. I haven't slept in almost three days. James made me go home today, try and get some sleep. But I just can't, I keep having the worst nightmares. Instead, I fly to the DEO and sit next to her, "Hi, you know this whole charade is getting old. Honestly I would really love to see those Y/C/E eyes again. I miss them. I miss you, a lot. I know it's hard and you're tired, but please come back soon."