when they find you

garnet:

with a bubbled gem in her hand, garnet walked through beach city after defeating another corrupted gem. she left on a solo mission seeing that if the gems went, they would have been poofed.

as she was walking pass some old, slightly broken down, buildings, she heard a cry from an alley way. looking confused, she slowly crept closer, the cries getting slowly louder from the alley. she pushed down lightly on the bubbled gem, sending it to her room.

as she walked closer to the cries, she saw a baby, you, laying in a cardboard box with tears coming down their face. she looked around to see if anyone was around. not one person was out at this time of night. she slowly made her way to the baby and gently picked the infant up. you opened your (e/c) eyes and smiled at her.

"hello baby, do you have a home?" you shivered and snuggled closer to her, trying to warm yourself. she wrapped the blanket a little more tightly around your small body, the small (y/h/c) hairs from your head slightly sticking out of the blanket.

"i'll take you to my home so you can have some food." she looked into the box to see if you had anything. the only thing inside was a small (f/animal) stuffed animal and a note.

'for anyone who finds them,

please take care of my child (y/n), i can't afford to support the both of us in this money-tight world. give them what i could not, a loving home, family, life, anything so they doesn't end up like me. thank you.'

garnet crumbled up the note and put it in a bubble while she held you closer. "i'll give you a loving home (y/n)." she said as she held you and your stuffed animal as she walked back to the temple, where she had to explain everything to the gems and a little steven (who is over a year old in this scenario) and who you were.

pearl:

as per usual, pearl needed to leave the temple. amethyst getting roundup, as usual, and pearl couldn't even finish a puzzle. A PUZZLE! she sighed as she sat on the sand and looked out onto the ocean.

this was kind of a routine for her. once she gets to the beach, she thinks back to rose. she always made pearl happy and exceptional for herself. she felt herself starting to cry and just let it happened. as she did, a small whimper came from the rocks and she quickly wiped her tears and summoned her spear.

walking closer, she inches closer to see a box...WITH A BABY INSIDE! pearl quickly got rid of her weapon and ran to pick up the (y/h/c) baby and saw dirt all over you.

"who would just leave an infant on the beach?" pea asked herself. she looked inside the box and saw a necklace on the box. taking it out, she saw the name (y/n) engraved on it.

"who is (y/n)?" she, once again, asked herself. your eyes opened and you toothlessly smiled up at pearl with your (y/e/c) eyes shining in the sun. you started babbling nonsense and held onto her nose as she smiled down at you. taking a good look at your necklace, she bubbled it and sent it to her own room.

"would (y/n) like to come to the temple with pearl?" she asked in her cutest voice and you only yawned, not understanding a word she said. seeing how tired you looked, she started singing a lullaby to you, making you instantly fall asleep and she gushed at your sleeping figure and brought you back to the temple, later introducing you to the gems and steven.

amethyst:

amethyst was minding her own business in the temple, when pearl walked out of her room with a mad look in her face.

"what is it this time p?" amethyst just looked up and pearl started fuming. something is, somehow, always amethyst's fault.

"my swords are missing again amethyst. how-" amethyst just got up and walked out the door, already knowing how this argument is going to end.

"i'm out, see you later p." amethyst shapeshifted into an owl and flew to the lighthouse, where she sat and watched to sunset.

"it's always my fault, huh," she gave out a dry laugh as she questioned no one "it has to be me to be blamed? just because-." she cut herself off as she saw someone, who was wearing a tattered cloak, holding a box and leaving it on the grassy field.

the mysterious person ran off, not without putting something in the box, and running off. amethyst jumped off the wooden part of the lighthouse and ran to the box.

"let's see what it-." shock was instantly written on her face when she saw what was in the box. it was a little baby, bright (y/e/c) eyes shining in the dusk light and a small patch of (y/h/c) hair on top of the infant's head. amethyst picked you up and you instantly grabbed onto her long hair, giggling.

"sup little baby...." amethyst searched in the box for something to see who this baby was. she pulled out a bracelet and saw a name on the back. (y/n). she quickly bubbled the charm bracelet and let it summon in her room. she looked down at you, to already see that you were asleep.

"well (y/n), i guess the temple is your new home." she brought you back to the temple to have everyone meet your sleeping figure.