Teething

Garnet-

Here was Garnet's 9 and a half month old baby, trying to bite everything in sight.

"(Y/n)! No baby girl, you can't bite that!" She ran towards you as you tried to bite Auntie Amethyst's whip she left sitting around. She scooped you up and sighed and she took off her visors.

"What the matter (Y/n)? Why are you trying to bite on everything now?" You held onto her visors and started gnawing at them. She sighed and decided to go to the only one that 100% understood babies.....sort of.....

Greg Universe

She carefully, but quickly, made it to Greg's van, which was at the car wash he worked at. Once she got there, she put her visors back on and knock on the back door. Greg opened the door and revealed him holding his guitar and Steven holding a ukulele.

"Oh! Hey Garnet, hello baby (Y/n)! What's up?" He asked in his cherry voice and Steven ran next to his dad.

"Hi (Y/n)! Hi Garnet!" Steven cutely yelled and waved at the both of you. You waved at Steven and repeatedly said his name. Garnet looked down at Greg with a confused face.

"Greg, I need help with (Y/n)...." Greg looked puzzled at first until he held out his arms to hold you and started inspecting your tiny figure. He opened your mouth and started laughing.

"Garnet, remember that little faze Steven went through when he was a few months old?" She nodded her head softly and let him continue, "She's teething. Here, I have some of Steven's old teething toys and don't worry, they're super clean." He held out a dark red teething toy and handed it to you. You quickly took it and started at it and laughed as you did and stood up at your mom and held your hands out.

"Thank you Greg! This helps me out so much." Greg rubbed the back of his neck and slightly chuckled.

"It's no problem Garnet, I'm always here to help out with anything you need....baby related." He laughed and waved at you and Garnet walking away.

Pearl-

Pearl was beyond confused. Her precious baby was walking around trying to bite at anything that fit in her hand. That included her spear, Steven's action figures, pillows, blankets, the couch even. She didn't know what was happening.

"(Y/n)?," your mother called out and you walked up to her, "can you tell mother why you're trying to bite everything?" You looked down and then walked to the couch and started gnawing at the cushions. Pearl sighed and walked to you and pulled you back while bending down to your height.

"You need to tell me what's wrong (Y/n), I'll really help if you told me the situation and mommy would love to help you." You looked up and her and pointed to your mouth.

"What's wrong with your mouth? Did you hurt it?" You shook your head and shrugged your shoulders. She gently took your face in her hands and opened your mouth. She saw something that made her smile.

Your teeth are coming in!

She laughed and picked you up. You're only teething. She remembered the time she had to help Steven through his teething faze. She also remembered that she had one of Steven's old teething toy. She found it and washed it. It was a white and oval shaped.

"Are you okay with this sweetie?" You smiled and nodded at your mom.

"Th-...thank...you.." You smiled and she smiled back at your bright state.

"Anything for you my little one."

Amethyst-

"Yo yo yo! (Y/n)! Don't put that in your mouth!" You mom looked so stressed. She had hawk vision on you on all time because you wanted to chew everything in sight, no matter the size. One time, she saw you almost put your mouth on the toilet. Thank goodness you stopped at the sound of her voice.

"I've never been so stressed before! You remind me of Steven when....." She looked at you with a confused look as you started to bite on the leg of the coffee table.

"Hey (Y/n/n)?" You looked up at your mom and smiled. While you were smiling, she saw something little and white in your mouth. She walked up to you and sat down next to where you were.

"Can mommy see what's in your mouth? It's important." You looked at her confusingly at first, then opened your mouth wide to let her see.

Not this....

The reason of your biting was because you were teething! Amethyst quietly groaned at the memory of Steven teething, making her shudder afterwards. She ran to her room very quickly because she remembered that she had once of Steven's old purple teething toy. Once she found it, she ran back to the temple, washed it, and happily have it to you.

"Mommy knows!"

She scratched the back of her head and smiled. At least you weren't eating everything in sight....

Because she knows it doesn't taste good at all...