Part 2| Help Me

Briella's POV
I ran. I ran faster than I ever had. I could feel the blood dripping down my back. Luckily my boob tube covered the biggest cut.
"Either you run, or you kill." Lincolns words played over and over again in my head, they managed to block out the pain from the cuts on my back.
I knew if I didn't run fast enough the people from my tribe would catch me a slice my back up even further than it already was. I could just see it, the cuts would be so deep it would be impossible for me to survive. The post would be held high so everyone in my village could hear and see me be punished for my crime.
I slowed to a stop as I came into a glimpse of metal and wood aligned to protect a village. Except this wasn't a Trikru village, it was the village of the Sky people. My key to safety.

The pain suddenly kicked in. It felt like hot knives in my back. I put my swords away and held my hands behind my head. I winced as I walked.

Their guns pointed at me.
"Grounder! Grounder!" They shouted. The gate opened and 3 of their guards took my arms and dragged me into the large piece of metal in the middle of their village. I blacked out.

I woke to my arms tied to two walls. The floor door opened and three peopled climbed up the ladder. Clarke, Octavia and a tall man who looked about my age. My eyes widened when I saw he had a gun and Octavia's sword was drawn. As expected my swords were over in a corner along with the 5 knives I carry with me.
"Who are you? Why are you here?" Clarke said.
"It's Clarke right? I recognise you from the bridge. I am Briella."
"Some of our guards told us you surrendered to us. Why?" Octavia said.
"Lincoln sent me here. You must be Octavia. Lincoln is a good friend of mine, I have heard a lot about you."
"Why did he send you here?" The man said, I realised then he had put his gun down.
"Lincoln helped me escape." I whispered as the pain in my back kicked in.
"Escape from what?" Clarke asked.
"Becoming the next commander."
"Isn't that a good thing." He was the man Lincoln told me about, how if you made him care about you, he would fight to protect you forever.
"Not for someone like me."
"Like you?" He asked. They stood close to me listening intently.
"My people live by the phrase "blood must have blood". Something I refuse to use as a rule of life."
"So what does that have to do with becoming the new commander?" Octavia said.
"When a commander dies, her young soldiers will battle until death to find out who is their next commander. I am seventeen years old and I've been training to be a warrior since I was seven. I was taught how to use every weapon my people could think of. More than any other junior could battle with. Today was the day 9 of us battled against each other. I stayed alive until the last round where I convinced the rule makers to make it a two round battle, since she was younger than me. Lincoln found me in the medical tent and helped me escape. I couldn't face death anymore."
"Okay so you escaped because you didn't want to live by the rules of death, so why did you come here?" The dark haired man said, I couldn't quite remember what his name was.
"Lincoln told me this was a place where I could go to be safe and to help the right people. I don't want to be part of Trikru anymore, if you'll have me I want to be a part of the Sky People." They went silent.