Part 5| One of Them

"What is SHE doing in our campsite?!"
"Why is she here?!"
"So we're suddenly trusting the enemy now?!"
"She'll never be one of us!"
I ran inside the dropship and climbed to the top. I was hidden. I had to be. I was kidding myself just coming here. Of course I would never be properly accepted. Chances are most people in their village wanted to kill me anyways. What was the point in staying?

"Where are you going?" I heard Bellamy ask.
"Back to my village, Bellamy. You and your friends have been great to me, but I'm not welcome here." I said. He looked at me confused and slightly angry.
"Look it's just going to cause chaos on your village and I don't want that for you and Clarke, you're good people."
"No, Bri you're not leaving. Especially now that it's night, the grounders will have a better chance at finding you. We need you... and you need us. If we're going to end this war, we need each other." He said. "Put down the bag, and get into the dropship."

"We need to figure out a way to end this war, peacefully. Miller, Jasper, Finn, Octavia, you're coming with me to meet the new commander. Raven, Monty and Sinclair, stay back and work on our technology. Bellamy and Briella, come upstairs." We followed Clarke's orders and went upstairs. It was a room filled with guns, spears, knives, bow and arrows, swords and a few other weapons I had been taught how to use.
"Briella, I need you to teach Bellamy how to fight with all of these weapons that you have been trained with. Bellamy, I need you to teach Briella how to use a gun." She ordered.
"Woah woah woah I don't think I need any training, I'm perfectly capable of protecting myself."
"Oh really?" She said sarcastically. She looked behind me. I flipped him on his back with my foot on his chest and one sword to his neck and the other to his throat.
"I'm perfectly capable of protecting myself." She said mockingly as she climbed down the ladder.
"Grab a gun." He ordered. I picked up the biggest one and shot a bullseye in the target. I saw Bellamy's mouth slightly open.
"Just like using a crossbow." I said.
"Is there anything you can't do?" He asked.
"I can't use the smaller guns. The bigger guns are easy because it's similar to using a cross-bow. "
"Pick up the gun you don't know how to use." He said. I picked up a smaller looking black gun, he picked up one too.
Bellamy raised his arm and shot the target.
"Here... lemme help you." He said. He stood behind me and held the gun on top of my hands. He placed my hands the gun in the correct positioning. One hand on my back, I turned my head and looked at him. We had a moment.
"Uh okay have a try." He awkwardly moved away and put down his gun. I shot the target, barely missing the centre of it.
"Alright, I don't think I need anymore training. It's your turn." I said. "First up, pick up the knives." He grabbed about four of them.
"Rule number one; If knives are going to be your weapon, always have at least 2 knives hidden." I threw five knives, one at a time forming a cross.
"Rule number two; never hold your knife by the blade, your enemy can use it against you." I said, collecting the knives off the wall.
"When throwing a knife, always spin it."

I taught him everything I knew. Knives, spears, crossbows, swords, shielding, everything. By the time we were done, it was already dark. I snuck up into a tree and sat there, thinking. Is this who I am now? Is it possible that Skaikru could turn me in?
"Hey, you okay?" I suddenly found Bellamy sitting next to me.
"Yeah, just thinking."
"About?"
"Just everything." We sat silent for a few minutes, just staring up at the stars in the sky.
"Are you sure it's a good idea for me to be here? Some of my people killed yours. Do you really think they're just going to forgive and forget?" I said.
"They don't have a choice. We need you just as much as you need us." He put his hand on my shoulder. "We won't let them hurt you." I smiled as he put his arm around me.

There was a sudden rustle in the bushes.
"We should head back inside." Bellamy says. I dodged a knife and drew my sword. Bellamy was stabbed and on the ground, he'd left his gun inside. I crossed my swords through the girls chest. Tears drew to my eyes when I saw the victim of death. It was a young girl, no older than 12. I couldn't look at her.

I took Bellamy into the tent and dressed the cut on his stomach. Fortunately it wasn't deep, wouldn't need stitches. He tried to start a few conversations, I wasn't up for talking. All I could see was the look in that girls eyes before she died, the same look that my little sister gave me.
"You can take the bed, ill sleep on the floor tonight." I said. He tried to argue, wasn't hard to shut that idea down.

I looked through my book, the pictures of my family. My hands looked the same way as they did after my baby sister died. I couldn't sleep. I lay awake,  hoping it would just stop. Even crying couldn't help me feel tired. I couldn't breathe. I needed to be outside.

I screamed. It wasn't physical pain, it was emotional. Emotions were something the people of Trikru weren't supposed to feel. I couldn't stop screaming.
"Briella!!" I heard voices from behind me. Next thing I knew, Clarke and Octavia were at my aid. That was all I could remember, the world suddenly turned black.