Part 10| jealous.

Briella's POV

"Clarke! here's the rags you wanted. to clean the tables?" i said. she looked up and me and smiled. she looked over my shoulder and slightly nodded her head. it was Bellamy.
"clarke? can you... leave us alone for a minute?" he said.
"no. clarke i'm gonna go clean up the top floor." i strode past clarke and started filling up a small bucket of water. i could hear bellamy and clarke talking.
"what the hell am i supposed to do clarke? she can't even look at me!" Bellamy said.
"i dunno bellamy. you messed up. real bad." she replied. i walked past them and into the drop ship.

i scrubbed the floors until they were perfectly clean. a part of me wanted the drop ship clean, less risk of infection and bacteria spreading. but the other part of me wanted to clean the dropship just to get under Bellamys skin. i hated him. no, i didn't hate him. i hated the fact that i didn't hate him.
"briella?" i'd expected him to come up here. i just didn't want him to. yes, nothing major happened between us, but there was something there. i felt the way he watched me work on patients with clarke. i heard the way he laughed at my jokes. i saw the way he smiled when i said something cute. i saw the way he always stood in front of me when we went hunting.
"yes?" i heard him breathe a sigh of relief. he knew it was now or never if he wanted to set the record straight.
"i-i'm sorry.."
"for what?" i stood up with my clueless voiced words. he knew it was all an act. i nearly choked on the words with tears in my eyes.. the thing about my tribe, we could tell when we had found our soulmate. i knew it from the first time i saw him. my heart was breaking into smaller and smaller pieces as i looked at him. i tried not to flinch. it was killing me.
i walked over to the side of the drop ship and started wringing out the cloths i used to disinfect the top floor.
"you know what..." he mumbled. i turned to face him dead serious. his eyes were frozen and set on mine. his black curls a bit messy and a pained expression on his face.
"no. if anything i should be sorry. i didn't have a right to be upset by how you treated me. we never dated. i liked you, you didn't like me back. but i'm over it, end of story. happy ever after." his eyes widened. i went down to the bottom floor and heard a loud ruckus on the top floor. he was pissed. he was kicking and throwing stuff around. i quietly followed Clarke and listened to her talk to Bellamy on the top floor.
"Bellamy! Bellamy!! Calm down!!" she shouted.
"i lost her clarke!! she hates me now!!" he screamed.
"sure as hell you did." octavia said. i didn't even realise she was up there.
"octavia... gentle..." clarke muttered.
"why the hell should i be gentle?"
"octavia..." clarke said again.
"no clarke don't. Briella is one of the most incredible people i have ever met. you know that. why should i be gentle when you had no problem breaking her heart!" she yelled, luckily not loud enough for everyone else to hear.
"i didn't...." bellamy stammered.
"yes you did. you knew there was something there bellamy. especially from her side. but you completely took advantage of that." i heard footsteps and before i new it, she was standing in front of me.
"you heard?" i nodded.
"i'm sorry briella... you're a good friend to me. but he shouldn't have done that." she mumbled. i walked over to her and hugged her. she felt my tears dripping onto her shoulder. she pulled away and looked at me.
"trikru has a special power sort of thing that you don't have. we have the ability to be able to tell when you meet your soulmate."
"and he..."
"bellamys my soulmate octavia. i felt it from the moment i saw him. for us, love makes us stronger. physically and mentally. it's like they're your own little superpower. i felt it in my heart, my blood, my legs, everywhere. i knew....." i couldn't hold it in anymore. i climbed down the ladder and quickly walked into my tent. octavia knew to wait a few minutes before checking on me. finn however, didn't have that thought.
"briella?..." i wiped my tears away and silently cleared my throat.
"yeah?" i tried to sound as happy as possible, but failed.
"are you okay?..." finn and i had become really close over the time. he was like an older brother. octavia and raven burst in just as i gave into the tears again. octavia and finn ran to my side. i guess i'd become close with all of them, including raven.
"it's bellamy. he-" before she could finish her sentence Finn and raven burst out of the tent.
"bellamy!!" i heard them shout a few times.

Octavia's POV
i left briella to get her thoughts together. before i knew it finn had a tight grasp on bellamys collar. luckily everyone was either hunting or guarding or resting for next watch, maybe doing some chores.
"what the hell did you do to briella?!" he yelled. clarke found her way into the middle and pushed finn away. only leaving room for raven. she looked angry. angrier than i had ever seen her. finn threw the first punch. bellamy punched him, we all heard a quiet voice in the background. but loud enough to hear.
"please stop..." she whispered. her face was lightly pink and tear stained. he hands shook and her lips quivered. she turned and walked to the dropship. bellamy started to follow. i could see the pain in his eyes. he wasn't just her soulmate. she was his.