Part 7| Let me go

Chaos sounded outside the dropship as everyone gathered inside to keep safe from the people I used to call family. They weren't going to stop. The grey metal was slowly getting more and more indentations in it. I had to leave. I'm the one they want, if I don't, I don't even want to think about what they'd do to Skaikru.
"What on earth are you doing?" Clarke yelled at me, catching Bellamy's attention.
"What's going on?" He asked.
"Briella's trying to leave." Clarke stated.
"What?! Why?!"
"If I leave, none of your people will die. It's better to have this one death than to save me and get everyone else killed."
"You can't leave!" Bellamy said, sounding a lot more concerned than Clarke, causing her to observe his words and body language. Bellamy was different to anyone I'd ever met. All he'd ever known was to protect the people he loved.
"Why not...." I whispered.
"Because I don't want you to leave! You're too..... important." He replied. Clarke rolled her eyes and grabbed my wrist. She cleared the top floor and put me up there and tied my wrists to the wall again.
"Is this really necessary?" I asked.
"Yeah it is, if you die we're all screwed." Clarke said.
"How? I told you everything I know."
"Not because of that, it's Bellamy."
"What about him?" I asked.
"He clearly cares about you a lot more than he normally would, if you die he'll fall apart and we can't win this war unless he's thinking straight." Clarke said.
"What makes you think he's changed ever since I got here?" I asked.
"Have you not seen him when he's around you? He's used to being in control, but he can't keep his thoughts straight whenever you're around. He's... changed. He's more compassionate ever since you got here. I've never seen him like this." I smiled as I felt my cheeks flush pink.
"Clarke!!" I hear Bellamy yell.
"And that's my cue to leave. I'll send Finn up in a minute." She said.
"Clarke the doors coming down!" Someone yelled. I assumed it was Octavia.
"Hey." Finn said.
"Hey can you do me a HUGE favour and get these ropes off my wrists please?" I asked him, flashing my best puppy eyes.
"Why do you want to go so bad? Are we really that horrible?"
"No! No not at all! I came here to do the right thing and help your people win this war. If I stay here, everyone will die." I said.
"But if you leave, this place will fall to pieces. You've taught us how to fight, grounder style, and with that we can use it to our advantage." He replied. He was such a sweet guy. Clarke was a lucky girl.
"So, tell me about your parents. Why'd they get slaughtered to death?" He asked.
"Same as me, trying to do the right thing. They tried to stop multiple unreasonable deaths by killing some of our guards. They wanted to punish my father for killing them, so they made him watch his own sons death, it was going to be his youngest daughter as well but I..... took care of it. They banished my mother from camp after they punished her."
"Why didn't they execute you?"
"I was at a very high level of training. It was decided my skills were too important to be wasted."
"Do you think you'll ever see your mother again?" He asked.
"I have seen her, I just chose not to talk to her. She was allowed back into Trikru territory when Clarke killed the commander." I said. He looked at me with sympathetic eyes.
"Another reason why I left. She became the temporary commander and decided to help me become the commander. Giving me an unfair advantage." I said. Suddenly Bellamy and Clarke popped out of the ladder. A grounder guard followed and then the bitch appeared. My mother.