Chapter 6

Kyungsoo

With a jerk I sat up straight in the bed. My breath coming out heavy as I tried to calm down. Afraid of closing my eyes again I rubbed them and wiped away the moisture off my forehead. The shirt I was wearing was drenched in cold sweat. Ugh.

As my breath finally became steady, I kicked the sheets off my body and pulled my shirt over my head. "Fuck," I cursed under my breath.

Pictures of my dream flashed through my mind. I had this dream before, but it still scared me. I didn't want to be reminded about my past.

I swung my legs over the edge and jumped out of the bed. I walked over to my wardrobe and grabbed a new shirt. Baekhyun had given me some old shirts to sleep in, since we both have almost the same size.

I tiptoed out of the room and sneaked downstairs, trying not to wake up my friend. I stood on my toes to reach a glass in the cupboard and filled it with water. I gulped it down and tried to concentrate on what I was doing instead of my nightmare. I could still hear her scream in my ears. It wasn't from physical pain, but a pain that was deep inside of her. It was fear.

~

I sighed before pushing the heavy door open. It was a small building, but not too small. Very cozy looking. There was a long counter at the right side and the left side was covered with bookcases, stuffed with books.
It was a store you could search in for hours without feeling bored.

"Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol called out my name. "Good you are here."

"Yeah," I nodded while keeping my eyes focused on the books.

"Follow me," Chanyeol spoke and started walking away.

I turned my head and bumped into a body. "Watch out you fu..." I couldn't finish my rude sentence as the guy looked at me with those brown deer-like eyes.

"I'm sorry sir," he spoke, still staring straight into my eyes.

"It's fine," I tore my gaze away from him and waved my hand before following Chanyeol further into the store. I looked back over my shoulder once and immediately regretted it. The guy was also looking at me. I quickly turned around again as my cheeks flushed a light shade of red.

What? Why did I blush? I've never blushed. Stop it Kyungsoo.

"So this is the place, do you like it?" Chanyeol asked, bringing me back to reality, and gestured with his hands around him.

"Yes, it looks nice." I really wanted to try my best to make Chanyeol like me, even a tiny bit. I knew he didn't and it worried me. I mean, it's for my own sake. He's offering me this job so of course I'm thankful.

Chanyeol smirked, but then seemed to remind something. "Oh, Kyungsoo, this is Jongdae."

A small boy sat behind the counter and smiled sweetly at me. I didn't notice him before, I thought with a chuckle. I stepped closer so I could offer him my hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Likewise, you can call me Chen if you want."

"He is doing most of the stuff in the back, so you and Jongin will be in the main store." Chanyeol explained. "Behind the cash register and helping the customers. Can you manage that?"

"I guess so," I pulled a face as I looked at the empty store. "So, who's Jongin?"

"Jongin!" Chanyeol yelled a bit too close to my ear.

"Yeah?" The guy with the deer-like eyes questioned as he walked into our sight.

"Show Kyungsoo what he has to do okay?" Chanyeol asked him and patted my shoulder in a friendly way. "I'll be going then."