Chapter 10

Kyungsoo

"I'm going out!" I half yelled up the stairs. I already had my jacket and shoes on.

"Where are you going?" There were some shuffling noises before Baekhyun's head appeared.

"Just going out for a walk," I smiled at him as I held up my new phone to his worried face. "I'll call you when I need you okay?"

"Hmm sure," he disappeared again and I sighed, a bit relieved. "Make sure not to stay out too late."

"Who are you?" I chuckled. "My mother?"

"Yes. Yes, I am." There wasn't anything in his voice that sounded like he was joking. I shook my head an laughed at his behavior.

I opened the door and stepped outside. I looked at my surroundings and tried to find out which way would lead me to the house I'm trying to find. I decided left would do for now and started walking. There weren't a lot of people outside and walking in the dim light made me kind of nervous. Not that I was scared, hell no. It just reminded me of the past and I tried to avoid that.

I bit my lip and watched how a girl walked on the other side of the road, two guys following, not far behind her.

I turned my head and tried not to pay attention to it, but I couldn't help it when I heard them talking and the clicking sound of her heels had stopped. They were now speaking in soft voices, probably aware of my presence. I turned to them and carefully walked closer to the group.

"I told you already a hundred times, I'm not going with you," the girl spoke and crossed her arms. "Final."

"But he wants you to come," the other guys said. "If you don't want to, we have to take you with us. You know that."

"Try me big boy," she scoffed. "If he wants me to come he can come and get me himself."

"Are you for real?" One chuckled.

I coughed to get their attention, making all pair of eyes focusing on me.

"What's your problem shorty?"

"I wondered if you guys know Lay," I looked at their reactions and really hoped I didn't asked the wrong people.

One of them stepped closer to me, "who the fuck are you?"

"Can't you just answer the question?" I asked back.

He grabbed my collar and lifted me up to his face, "who do you think you are?"

"Last time I checked my name was Do Kyungsoo," I replied, looking him straight into his eyes.

He immediately let go of me, "I'm so sorry, please forgive me!"

I pulled my shirt down again and asked, "now where's Lay?"

"I'll take you there," the other one offered. "I'm Suho." He bowed shortly at me while introducing himself.

"Stop doing that." I waved a hand at him to make clear he shouldn't bow at me and looked at the other guy. "What is this supposed to be?"

"Minsuh doesn't wanna come with us. Lay asked us to get her." The guy explained.

"You guys are so pathetic," I sighed deeply before turning back to Suho. "Where to?"

"This way sir," Suho was about to bow again, but stopped himself. "The car's around the corner."

I followed him and noticed Minsuh walked with us too, still her arms crossed though. I wondered why Lay wanted her to come.

The ride was short and I soon stood in front of a dirty gray building. It looked quite old and not like someone was living in there. Tao, he told me his name in the car, looked at me impatiently as I just kept standing there. "You wanna go in there or not?"

Suho glanced at him before turning to me. "Follow me sir."

"Stop calling me sir," I said, a bit annoyed. "You ain't working for me."

"But you are a friend from Lay," Suho protested. "That's like the same."

"Whatever suits you then," I sighed and started walking towards the building. The inside was the total opposite from the outside. Clean and modern. Lay surely has taste, I thought to myself.

Tao stayed downstairs as Suho got with me in the elevator.
"He'll be happy to know you are free." He smiled at me as we stepped out. "he's at the end of the hallway."

"Thank you." I knocked on the door and heard a familiar voice telling me to enter. I opened the door and was greeted by Lay, who was standing at the window. A big smile appeared on his face, "Kyungsoo!" He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug, "good to see you my friend."