3: sweat and tears

"Ah, I'm exhausted," Jisoo breathes heavily as she lies on the floor of the dance room.

"Nado," Jennie agrees, lying down also.

"You guys are weak sauce," I tease, sitting down on the floor.

"Well, we don't dance 24/7 like you," Jennie defends.

"Pft, I don't dance twent-

"'four seven, I only dance when I done with school.'" Jennie mocks. I shoot her a glare and stick my tongue out at her.

"So, who do you like in iKON?" Jisoo asks.

"I don't have a favorite," I shake my head.

"What she really means is; I do have one, but I'm not gonna tell anyone," Jennie adds. I shoot her a glare to shut her up before turning back to Jisoo.

"Who's your favorite?" I ask.

"Oh, uhm," Jisoo blushes. What a cutie. "It's B-Bobby."

"Ah, him? He took you to auditions right?" I ask. Jisoo nods, the blush still evident on her cheeks.

"Hey guys!" A new voice exclaims. It was another dancer, Lisa. She usually hangs out with us, but I didn't see her earlier. She stands at the doorway, awaiting our attention.

"Oh hey, Lis. What's up?" Jennie asks.

"They're announcing the results right now," She says, breathless.

I glance the at the clock. 12:01 PM.

"Kaja!" Jennie says, getting up.

We leave the dance room and sprint to the other room where the rest are held. As we walk in, everyone notices since the door is at the front of the room. We quietly file into the rest of dancers, trying not to receive more attention.

"After lots of thinking and also help from the iKON members themselves, I have picked the 7 dancers that will be joining iKON in their performances. As I call your name, please come and stand up here with me."

"Hwang Seon Ah." A round of applause goes around as a girl approaches the front.

"Lisa." I whistle (AHA hwi param) and shout, "GO LIS!" I hear Jisoo and Jennie just as enthusiastic.

"Jennie Kim." I look over at Jennie with wide eyes as I hear her named called. She's frozen with shock for a moment before she makes her way to the front.

I clap extra hard as I yell out, "Yeah, JenNIE!" She gives me a smile of gratitude as she stands next to the other girls.

"Chang Ma Ri." I glance at Jennie and Lisa, as they both smile proudly.

"Yah, can you believe it? Jennie and Lisa made it in!" Jisoo whisper-exclaims.

"I know right, I'm so happy for-"

"Park Rose."

My gaze moves from Jisoo to the front, where Lisa and Jennie's faces are full of joy and Manager Lee is searching for my face.

"Yah, pali ka!" Jisoo pushes me. I stumble to the front and stand next to Ma Ri, exchanging looks with Jennie.

'We both made it!' She mouths. I look over and see Lisa giving me a smile in which I return.

'I know!' I mouth back. I face back front and listen as the next name is called.

"Baek Shin Go." Applause as another girl comes and stands by my side.

"And the last dancer to be announced; Choi Eunji"

I watch as Jisoo face falls, knowing she wasn't chosen. I glance over at Jennie and Lisa to find them staring at Jisoo as well. I look back at Jisoo and watch as her nose starts turning pink.