4: matchmaking and food

We enter the cafeteria, looking around for a place to sit.

"How about over there?" Jennie asks, gesturing over to an empty table in the corner.

We walk over to the suggested table and take a seat.

"I can wait here, and you guys can go get your food first," I say. They nod, getting up from the table and walking over to the lunch line.

I rest my head on the table, pulling out my phone. As I scroll through instagram, I feel a weight on the other side of the table. I glance up and notice some of the iKON boys taking a seat on the other side, one of them including Junhoe.

"Uhm, hello?" I say, more in a tone which sounds like I'm asking.

"Hi," Bobby smiles, being his regular friendly self.

"We just thought you'd like some company, since you're sitting by yourself," B.I explains.

"Oh, my friends just went to go get their food first," I explain.

"Well, I guess we can keep you company until they come back," Jinhwan smiles. I wonder where Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, and Donghyuk are.

"Where are the rest of your members?" I ask.

"Figuring out some stuff with their dance partners," Junhoe shrugs, his face and voice emotionless.

"Oh, and may I mention, you are an amazing dancer. Even better than Jinhwan," Bobby compliments.

I chuckle, "Oh, I wouldn't know if I'm that good."

"Well, seeing as you were unprepared for that audition, you did exceptionally well on dance. I sad you won't be my partner," Jinhwan pouts.

"You must be the dancing queen here, huh?" B.I chuckles.

"I don't know if I would go that far," I shake my head.

"Well, in my opinion, you were the best out of all those we saw today," Bobby says. His eyes move from my face to behind me. I look behind me to see Jennie, Lisa, and Jisoo.

"Jisoo!" Bobby smiles, making me remember that he walked her to the audition room.

"Hey, Bobby," Jisoo shyly greets, sitting down on my left, Lisa sitting on her left while Jennie sits down on my right.

"So, are you guys eating with us?" Jennie asks.

"If you want us too," Jinhwan shrugs.

"Sure," Lisa replies.

I glance over at Jennie and see her oogling at B.I and I remember her little crush over him.

"You know, B.I," I start off, giving Jennie a little smirk. She realizes what I'm about to do and gives me a glare. "My friend, Jennie, here, has a little fangirl crush over you." 

He chuckles as he looks over at Jennie. "Oh, really?"

"She says your her bias in-"

"Yah, hajima," Jennie interrupts.

"You know, Jennie, you're actually one of the better dancers I've seen here," He begins.

They branch off into their own conversation. I love playing matchmaker. I glance over at the Lisa and Jisoo talking. I remember Jisoo's crush on Bobby and look over at him. He jokes around with Jinhwan and Junhoe, Junhoe's lighting up with amusement.

"Jisoo, start a conversation," I whisper. She turns to me.

"I don't know, Rose. I mean, will I come off as too forward or will he think-"

"I'm super bummed that you didn't get in, Jisoo," Bobby interrupts our conversation.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm kind of bummed about that," Her voice dies down.

"I would totally have you as my dancing partner," He says. Aw, they're adorable.

I glance over at Lalise and she's talking with Jinhwan. If anything, she's the dancing queen instead of me. Maybe she's paired up with Jinhwan.

"Playing matchmaker?"

A voice interrupts me from my thoughts. I look away from Lisa and direct my eyes to male sitting in front of me.

"I thought I could give them a little push," I shrug.

"You wanna get some food?" He asks.

"Yeah, sure," I nod, standing up.

We walk over to the lunchline.

"You are a really good dancer though," He says.

"Oh, thanks," I blush. "Do you happen to know who's my partner?"

"Yeah."

A few moments pass.

"Do you, um, want to tell me?"

"Not really."

I frown and I see a slight smile on his lips.

"So you do smile," I laugh.

He rolls his eyes but his smile gets bigger.

We grab our food before heading back to our table.

"So, about that partner thing..."

"You'll find out at 2. Unless you're late again."

"Hey! For your information, I was dancing."

"Do you always dance?" He questions.

"Whenever I have the time," I nod, taking a sip of my drink.

"Do you ever rest?"

"Well, of course. I rest for at least 10 minutes before dancing again," I explain.

"No, I mean, do you take a break from dancing like at least for one day?"

"Not since I was 15," I shake my head.

"How old are you now?" He asks.

"My last year of high school, so 18?"

(I KNOW THAT'S NOT HER ACTUAL AGE BUT SHE'S ONLY LIKE A MONTH OLDER THAN JUNE SO WE'RE GONNA PRETEND THAT SHE'S ACTUALLY YOUNGER ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE GIRLS, ALRIGHT? OKAY. FOR THE SAKE OF THE STORY. DON'T GET BUTT HURT FOR NO REASON.)

"That's not healthy," He frowns.

"My body got used to it. Don't you work super hard as an idol?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Well, yeah, but I still get some rest."

"I just find pride in what I do," I shrug, taking a sip from my water.

"Have you had any injuries?" He asks.

"Once when I was 16. I just sprained my wrist," I replied.

"Then you had to have rested then."

"I just avoided using my wrist, practiced on my footwork."

"Wow, you're very dedicated. I wonder if Mr. Yang will debut you soon since your almost done high school."

"Oh, I'm not really a trainee. I'm just dancing at this company, maybe to be a background dancer or to learn how to choreograph. I don't think Mr. Yang will put me in a group."

"Well, you never know with Yang Hyun Suk. Can you sing?"

"I guess. I never really focused on my voice much," I shrug.

"Well, you're pretty, you can dance, he might put you in a girl group." 

I paused for a second, registering his words.

"You think I'm pretty?" I question.

His face slightly reddens and he awkwardly rubs the back of his neck.

"I mean, I was just saying, that you know..."

I laugh, "yeah, I get it. I just wanted to fluster you a bit." I smile.