Chapter 4

I fix myself up for the date. I have no idea when he is going to be calling me, but I took the day off from work so that I have time to get ready. It usually takes me a couple of hours to get ready. It takes me about two hours for my hair to be done, ten minutes to apply hair dissolver cream, an hour to get dressed and thirty minutes for some make-up. The worst part is, I have no idea what I should be expecting on this date. I don't even know where I am going!

After accomplishing my hours of preparation, I look at myself in the mirror to inspect myself. My long blonde is brushed back, and I am wearing a summer dress that has a dolphin pattern sewn onto it. I add my dolphin necklace to my attire and I feel suffice enough to leave my room.

I walk downstairs and my mom gasps when she sees me.

"My baby girl is all grown up," she smiles as if she felt accomplished with me. I uneasily smile back. I am nervous. There are just so many things that could go wrong! I am having a date with my future husband for frick's sake!

Mom reassures me, "he is certainly going to fall in love with me looking like that. I mean, who wouldn't? You are remarkably gorgeous, an amazing photographer with a career, and mom material! I am so proud of you."

"Thanks, mom," I give her a hug and sit down at the table. It is around noon and I still have yet to receive a call. I fetch some old-fashioned cards that apparently people would use back in the 21st century. I play W-A-R with mom for a little while.

Suddenly, I hear a catchy tune play. Ron.

"Hello? This is Mae Arlene from the Social Artistic Division, how may I help you?" I answer the phone absentmindedly.

"Mae, it's Ron, I am outside of your house." I hear his voice through the phone. I hang up the phone and kiss mom goodbye. I join Ron outside in the malibu and he pulls out of my driveway. I instantly take a notice to his apparel.

He is wearing a casual attire- a green plaid, white skinny jeans, and brown loafers. I give him a questioning look before I self-consciously glance down at my outfit.

"You look extravagant," he compliments. I feel the heat rise to my cheeks. I look out the passenger window and away from him so that he couldn't see how red my face is. I watch the scenery fly by as he drives down the highway and into the suburban area of New York.

He pulls onto a grassy lot. I observe our surroundings and notice a bunch of cars parked around ours. I exit the car and notice a humongous screen just standing in front of all the vehicles. An outdoor theater?

We silently walk to an open patch of grass and make ourselves comfortable. The air felt warm and nice for a mid-afternoon. A picture film appears on the screen and it is in terrible quality so it must be at least fifty years old, if I read my History of Films textbook correctly. I nudge his shoulder with my own, "what movie is this?"

"Wall-e," He responds and then adds, "I have a soft spot for Disney films."

I chuckle, "noted."

In one hour and forty-four minutes, Ron begins driving me home. The date isn't officially over yet, so I decide to ask him a few questions.

"How did you end up in the deli shop anyways?" I inquire.

He answers, "it's a family business that I dishonored, which is why I was fired. It is okay, though, I always wanted to open up my own restaurant anyways."

"Oh, so you can cook?" I question.

"I certainly can. Why? Does it seem like I can't?"

"No..." I say in a high-pitched voice.

"Oh c'mon! I bet you can't cook," he doubts and gives me a pointed look. I smirk and crack my knuckles.

"You wanna bet?" I dare.

"You, me, my kitchen- tonight." He states and spins the malibu around to go in a direction that is away from my house.

"Bring. It. On."

A/N: Hey! I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I apologize that it is just slightly shorter than my other chapters. I try to make it as long as I can, I truly do. Feel free to tap that vote button or comment your thoughts and such. Per usual, I do not mind silent readers! I adore you all! I honestly do hope that you liked this chapter as I liked writing it! -Kayla