Chapter 8

"Here's my completed assignment," I announce as I slide the file filled with portrait shots of Ron onto the desk. Derek looks up at me and raises an eyebrow, "this better entice me."

"Oh," I grin, "it will."

I watch Derek open up the file and look through the pictures I took. He makes a weird face in each picture, but nods accordingly. In a matter of minutes, he glances at me and then back at the photographs. He stares at me for what seems like hours.

"I love it," He approves. I found myself smiling at my accomplishment. He takes my file and slides it into a black cabinet. He then adds, "I will speak to my supervisor about a promotion, but first I must submit this to the board and file a s*it ton of paperwork. I will get back to you with any good news, but we should go out to drink."

"As friends?" I ask. 

"Why not? Do you really think I want to start paperwork right now?" He laughs and follows me out of the office. We bicker over which vehicle we are taking to go to the closest bar in the city. Eventually, we decide on taking his car for it had more gas in its tank than mine. I rock out to some pop songs on the radio as Derek screams to the top of his lungs. I laugh at the weird singing voices that came from his mouth- from chirpy to deep and bold. 

Somehow, we did not get pulled over by his crazy driving and his voice that could make anyone go deaf. I climb out of his car and we enter into the bar. I could really use a drink. I need to drink memories of Ron away.

The bar is where most go after a long day of work. Most of the bars around here are filled with married men that want to get some action before they have to come home to a unit that they are forced to participate in. I feel pity towards them, but then I realize that Ron will end up being like one of them when we marry. It bothers me that he will be stuck with someone he doesn't want. Except, I did tell him that I didn't want him... 

Shoot. 

I slide onto one of the bar seats and immediately order myself a row of shots. Derek and I start up a conversation about the world ending by the explosion of the sun and then we remember that the explosion of the sun was prevented because billions of trees were replanted and so the earth pretty much healed itself. So then, we discussed the endings of our humanity by robots. 

Somehow, our conversation led to his fiancee after a couple more rows of shots. 

"So, she cheated on me," he slurred out. I blankly stare at him. He then repeats himself, but more comprehensible, "she. cheated. on. me."

"What," I reply, clearly not believing what I was just told. 

He seems to have lost his train of thought for he asks, "will you be my best man?"

"Sure," I grin. 

Derek grins back and lifts up a shot, "to best friends."

We clink our glasses together and then down a couple more shots. 

In a few hours, we stumble outside of the bar to get to the car. We debate whether or not we should drive home, but in the end, I won- I am to drive us home. I turn up the music on full volume and blast Ke$ha. I am driving with one hand on the wheel while pumping my fist up in the air to Tik Tok.

Once again, Derek is singing crazily and possibly making me go deaf. I swerve the car to the music as if the car is dancing with us. We are just bursting with energy and life as we practically put on a show downtown. I watch as Derek hangs his head out the window, yelling at curse words to his fiancee and then, 

"I am gay! Suck this!" I hear him scream out the window. I glance at him as he unzips his pants and shoves his masculine parts out the window. I laugh. I need to record this. 

With that thought in mind, I leave the steering wheel and grab a camera from the back of his car. I didn't even know he had one back there. I hit the record button as I document his questionable activities. He even starts urinating at one point. 

I shake my head and yell over the loud music, "I am glad we won't remember this at all tomorrow!"

"What?!" He screams back as he buckles himself back into the passenger seat. 

"I am glad we won't remember-"

A/N: Hey! I know, I know, it's been a while. This chapter has to be one of the weirdest chapters I have ever written- ever. I don't even know why I wrote some of the things I did, but it happened and so now you must deal with it. I really hope you enjoy this chapter and I really hope you found it as amusing as I did writing it. And sorry about the cliffhanger? Actually, I am not too soryy about that. Anyways, I hope you will perhaps vote or comment or just continue reading this book as I shall publish another chapter this weekend (I hope). Again, I do not mind silent readers! I love you all equally.... -Kayla