Chapter 13

I hear that decades ago, planning a wedding took months- even years. Unfortunately, I don't get that luxury. 

I stare at the masses of planners, invitations, magazines, names, and dresses. I take a deep breath. 

What songs would even be playing?

What type of cake?

Where????

I let out a frustrating sigh and I drag my fingers through my hair. Just because I am released from the hospital because I am physically alright, does not mean I am completely overwhelmed. I grab a snack from my desk and I munch on it as I clear my desk from the wedding planning. Sure, the wedding is tomorrow, but I need a break. 

I bring out my laptop and I look through the photos I took of Ron. I chuckle and nearly choke on my snack as I skim through the photos. My mood is brightened a little more and I receive inspiration to finish my photography assignment. 

Fifty copies later, I grin at my final copy, a man with a voice.

Suddenly, the door swings open and my attention is drawn to an official-looking female. She wore a full clothed suit that even had a blue neck tie. I cock my head to the side as I examine her up and down with my eyes. I have never seen her before. I secretly hope that she is not from the government. Without further delay, she introduces herself, "Pardon my intrusion, I am Arin Hooper, the CEO of this company. I would like to know how you are doing with your latest assignment. The board of this company is deeply interested in giving you a promotion. Is that your final copy in your grasps?"

"Uh...yeah..."I mumble and I scramble out of my desk to give it to her. I place the folder in her hand and I watch her eyes as they skim through the photos. I don't know if she is a harsh critic, or not. I nervously unfold my fingers with one another. I wonder what she thinks of them. 

After a few moments, she closes the folder and says, "the promotion details will be sent to your laptop. I have a feeling we will be working together in the future. Welcome to S.A.D. as the head supervisor."

My jaw drops. A promotion?!?!?!?!?!?!

Then a second thought runs through my mind, isn't that Derek's position?

I ask Arin and she inclines her head. I stare at her with disbelief as I feel the color leave my face. I feel the utter emotions of disgust. "How can you?!"

"Ms. Arlene, you couldn't have possibly thought that we could afford to pay for two heads for the supervisor positions. Who do you think we are? A charity?" Arin Hooper explains. She then adds, "besides, as I have heard, Mr. Johnson won't be returning anytime soon."

"What do you mean?" I demanded. 

Arin looks grim as she says, "Didn't you hear? He is dead."

A/N: Hey guys! Welcome back to the crib. I know that the chapter is shorter than the normal, and that there are no scenes between the two love interests...BUT I hope you can bear with me. I just want to get a chapter out to you guys ASAP. As always, I adore all of my readers; I love my silent readers, but if you would love to give me a vote or comment your disbelief- feel free to. Anyways, a chapter will be up soon, but I have no idea when. Thanks for reading this far -Kayla