-1-

I liked this cover so much made by LarissaChesser. Please go and check out her books. She writes amazing. I'm dedicating this chapter to her because of her covers.

-----------------------

Today being the last day of my sixth semester I decided to go home slowly. Usually I am in a rush to go home and open up my books and start completing my college chores. But today I wanted to take it slow and enjoy the beautiful fields that spread across on both the sides of the road on my way back home.

The last paper of my semester exam just got over and I have this urge to go home and check whether my answers are correct or not. But on the other hand I just want to wave the thoughts away and enjoy the moment just for once in my stressed life.

I'm also officially free for a few extra hours of sleep which I call as 'my holidays'. Students in my college were planning for their vacations and all of them were so vibrant and excited about the vacation even though it is just a short 15 days one.

I just overheard many of them planning to go to Imagica in Mumbai and some of them debating whether Agonda beach is better than Palolem beach.

Both are in the same area and there is no much difference between them. I said in my mind.

Seeya, who is a photographer's daughter was planning on taking her friends on a photoshoot in Mumbai. Her dad would be accompanying them on their tour. I was just scrolling down her profile and her Instagram pictures were just amazing.

Simon and Aryan who are the models of our college were discussing about the Sehnor event which hires young models in their company's advertisements and photoshoots. The girls who surrounded them started screaming like fangirls over them. Then both of them whispered something to them which I couldn't hear from my bench and the girls went wild, hugging them and smothering them with kisses.

They must be so lucky to have so much of attention, I said in my mind and continued with my tea.

A bike rushed past me honking as it went. I flinched at the sudden loud sound.

That's when I saw that I had reached the meadow which was a kilometer away from my home. I must have seen it a thousand times from my childhood and there hasn't been a single thing changed about this meadow since then but today it was looking a little different. I stepped in the luscious green grass and my eyes automatically closed as I breathed in the fresh air, feeling content after a long, long time.

I went in the middle of the meadow and propped on the grass. Today it felt like many layers of grass were growing here and the small stones and pebbles has been removed.

May be they cleaned the meadow recently. I thought.

They must have stopped the cattle from grazing here, hence the thick blanket of grass. I nodded admiring the simple beauty of this meadow.

I don't know how long I sat like that in the meadow because I hadn't realized that it had turned completely dark around.

Shit! I mumbled.

I have to get home. There are no streetlights on the way. I hurried myself up and started jogging towards my home. I looked at the time and it was 8 p.m.

I have to cook and clean the house. So many utensils must be lying in the sink.

As I thought of all the work I had to do, I fumbled at the door of my small, one bedroom house.

I picked up the stones which the neighbors' 12 year old son, Raju would keep at my doorstep so that I stumble and fall. There is no count for the number of times I had tripped like this and broken my knees, elbows and my toes.