-4-

I know I'm damn late for this update because of exams and shit! Just yesterday I answered my late paper of my Comp Engineering and felt relieved. And believe me, the first thing that came into my mind was Wattpad. And trust me this this chapter will make you happy, I'm sure. Do comment your views buddies.

Happy reading! 

----------------------------------

My face fell immediately when I saw the person whom I never imagined to see again, standing in front of me. A feeling of terror and havoc took charge of me and the shock was so strong that I had to clutch the desk for support. My mouth opened in an instant gasp and a wave of shiver passed from my head to toe, paralyzing me to the spot.

"You?" my throat croaked barely above a whisper.

His face too held a similar expression of disbelief but he immediately wiped the expression away.

"Introduce yourself, will you?" he said sternly and with so much authority that it made me flinch.

Composing my posture, I let out a sarcastic laugh because his question drove me into a distant memory long forgotten.

**************

The wintery weather of December was not getting any warmer. The temperature hit its lowest point this year, 16° C, the highest ever recorded in the state of Goa. Goa had never been so cold like it was this year. The chilly wind while walking to school made it more difficult to reach school in time. The two layered sweater which I wore did not help either. With clattering teeth, I reached the school only to find out that the gates were closed indicating that I was late to class.

'Shit', I whispered and a wisp of smoke came out of my mouth due to the cold weather. Dew fell from the leaves above and I had to move from one side to another to stay dry from the falling dew drops.

I started humming songs to pass the time away. After a while I started making designs in the mud around me. The black canvas shoes that I wore turned muddy.

It felt like a century till the morning assembly got over and I was allowed to enter the school campus.

But not before I took the punishment from the head boy. Every year they elected a head boy for our entire campus. This year the head boy was some 12th grade guy, of whom I had no idea. All the late comers were given some kind of punishment like sit-ups or taking rounds around the entire school campus with our heavy bags on our head and so on. The worst was the sit-ups. Ones thighs would get cramps doing it and for me it was a nightmare.

Ugh! Again I had to do the 100 sit-ups. My thighs were very sore from the sit-ups done yesterday. Yesterday too I got late to school because of the thick fog in the air. Mom wasn't allowing me to go because she feared I might get hit by any vehicle in the thick fog.

Remembering the punishment, I didn't want to do it again. I hung my head low and went in the queue of late comers.

I heard someone clearing the throat and I looked at the face I hated the most.

Giving me a smirk he indicated me to do my sit-ups. Rolling my eyes I started doing the sit-ups. I couldn't proceed beyond 10 sit-ups as my thighs started getting heavier by each sit-up. Somehow I pushed myself to do another 10 and before I could complain, the head boy stopped me.

"Go to class now. Don't think that I did not notice your muddy shoes, but I'll let you pass this time." Those words were like melody in my ears and immediately my face lit up. I smiled widely at him before I grabbed my bag and went to class.