Prologue

The beautiful cover on the side is made by LarissaChesser.
Check out her profile for amazing covers and thrilling stories that she writes.
----------------

Oh God, I can't bear this pain anymore. I feel like my life is leaving me. My soul is departing from me.

I cry so much that I can't even gasp for air between the cries.

My body is drenched in sweat and my tears have no end. My throat is become so dry with all the screaming that the walls of my throat feel like they are bleeding. I clutch the sides of my bed in a strong grip. I turn my head from side to side, unable to stop myself from the intolerable pain. I grind my teeth in agony and bite my lips so hard that I taste fresh blood in my mouth.

No matter how much I try to push or suppress my suffering, nothing helps.

Above all, his words keep on ringing in my ears.

"I'm sorry, I can't walk with you forever like I always thought I would."

In times like this, I needed a touch of love and a caring voice to support me and show that I'm not alone in all this, but no. The only love of my life, for whom my lips always curled and my voice always laughed, left me, alone.

All alone.

Unable to recover from the break up and this unfathomable pain, I let out a loud scream.

That one scream contained every single broke emotion possible. Anger, pain, disgust, sadness, loneliness, brokenness, emptiness.

My own screams are so painful that my body shudders every time a deafening scream leaves my lips. My ears have turned deaf and everything below my torso feels numb. I try to get up but two strong arms hold me down and I don't know whom they belong to. My subconscious is telling me to cool down but whatever is happening to me right now is beyond my control. Every nerve of my being is being torn apart and every single muscle, bone, vein, artery and capillary is in uttermost pain.

"Only few minutes, sweetie, push a bit more." A soothing voice just like my mother, told me which distracted me a little bit from the pain.

I opened my eyes to see a middle aged, grey haired woman, wiping my sweat. She looked so calm and patient. Her face reminded me of my mother, except the grey hair. My lips turn upwards for a smile but a sudden gush of body shuddering pain through my body make my lips let out a blood curdling scream.

And there it starts all over again.

Every bone inside of me is broken into a thousand pieces and every drop of my blood is boiling at it maximum temperature. The sweat starts to form again and the gushes of pain become more and more painful. My body is shivering and I want to curse so badly but my throat is unable to produce words.

Suddenly a forceful push leaves my body and I am left like a limp lifeless body.

The universe seems peaceful and quiet. There is no more pain and screaming and my sorrow has vanished into the deepest seas. My body is still sore but it is in utter peace. Everything is turned to as it was before and I don't even remember a slightest hint of the agony.

And then the time stops.

The sweetest voice, the voice which I was yearning to hear since the time I entered this room falls on my ears like the ringing of a xylophone melody. My body feels relaxed and a smile makes its way onto my blood stained, chapped lips. A nurse holds the tiny bundle of joy and brings it towards me.

I try to get up but my body is still sore. The middle aged woman I saw earlier helps me to lean against the head board. My hands are eagerly waiting to receive it and then...

The entire surrounding blurs as I lay my eyes on the most beautiful angel I had ever seen. I couldn't believe that I gave birth to the prettiest of all the babies. The dull medicine sprayed atmosphere of the operation theatre suddenly becomes lively. The grey haired woman I saw earlier was the maternity surgeon. The other nurses were busy noting down the time of birth and writing the report. The tired faces of the ward boys were brightened up when their eyes landed on my angel. My eyes hover over the little frame wriggling in my arms. I cradle him close, trying to soothe his crying.

It's a boy.

The most beautiful little cupid, my firstborn, the one I had been dreaming of right from when I was a kid, and the one whom I will always give my love and my heart and soul to is finally breathing the earth's air.

And then I realize something bitter.

I realize that I just gave birth to his son, Terrance's son and he doesn't even know about it. The pain with which I delivered the baby felt nothing compared to the pain when he said those words to me. The day he walked away from me was the day when I died. Everything inside of me came tumbling down and the strong fortress of my heart was equated to nothing but dust. All my hopes and dreams were crushed and my heart was crumpled like a used paper and thrown away into the dirtiest of garbage.

My eyes instantly water and tiny sobs escape my lips. I hold my baby close to my heart.

This heart will always belong to you. I whisper in his ears.

The nurse puts a hand on my shoulder patting me lightly. She takes the baby slowly out of my firm grip. I kiss his forehead and hesitantly hand him over to her who lays him in a cradle like weight machine and the other doctors and nurses rush to write down the details of the baby.

My eyes do not leave my baby and he has already become the apple of my eye. A nurse comes to me to clean me from the bloody mess and I press my lips as she injects an injection.

My eyes start to dim and a wave of relaxation passes over my body.

I love you, I say taking a last glance towards my baby, but why do I feel like those words were meant for someone else too?

---------------------

Finally, the chapter which I had been waiting to upload is finally here. Hope you guys like this chapter. I am not an experienced mother so I do not know the birth giving process much. Let me know in the comments below what you feel about this chapter and I will love if you guys give me a few tips and point out my errors if there are.

Follow me on Instagram: frozen_by_frost.

Vote this chapter if you like it. It means a lot to me.

XOXO

Praise