He scrambled out the city gates and ran towards the forest, the cultists, soaked in blood were screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs, a group of them split off from the crowd at the gate to chase him with worrying speed. He was dumbfounded he had actually made it this far, he had snuck through the burning city with Mael and Gregor only to witness their execution, along with his father's, at the hands of the Blood cultists. This had just happened moments before and he was still coping with it, after using the distraction Gregor had created before death he started running. The image of his father's head lying on the cobbled streets, blood pouring out of the raw stump of flesh that was his throat, throbbed in his mind. He wanted to pause, but he couldn't, he wanted to stop, but he couldn't fore that would be disobeying his father's last wish, "Survive".He ran and he ran, he kept running, running, running, running, dodging low hanging branches, sliding under fallen trees, trying to make it as hard as he could for his pursuers to follow him. 

Eventually they gave up, but Magnus didn't stop running, he wasn't only running from them, but  from also what he saw, Magnus was too young for this, not mature enough yet to witness this, he was only seven... yet he had just witnessed his two closest friends and his father die, an image that stained his childhood innocence with crimson. He needed to get to a place where he could stop and recollect his thoughts, but he had to keep running, running running running.

Hours had passed and the sun was resting in the top of the sky, 

Honestly it was a surprise that he had made it this far, his name was Magnus, a scared seven year old kid who had nothing going for him. He ran for his life, he had watch the soldiers massacre his friends and his father right in front of his eyes. The image of his fathers head lying there on the cobbles of the street as his blood rain in between the stone was imprinted into his vision, he was still running off of his father's last wish for him. To survive.

He ran and he ran through the forest for what felt like hours, even after the soldiers gave up he was still running, not just from danger but from who he was and what he saw. He wanted to forget it, all of it. The blood, the death, the misery. He felt tears form in his eyes, he just wanted it all to be over. He suddenly felt the ground give out below him before he even knew what was happening something hit him in the head hard and he blacked out. 

A sudden horrible pain caused Magnus to scream. All Magnus could feel was pain. Pain was everywhere. He opened his eyes and screamed for help, however the only reply he got was the soft echo of his voice in the empty woods. Magnus laid his head back on the ground and stared up at the night sky grimacing in pain his fathers last word repeating over and over again in his mind. "Survive". The moonlight filtered through the leaves of the forest and comforted him, as if to tell him it was alright and that the pain would be gone soon. Everything would be gone soon.

Survive.

Magnus ignored the thought, and closed his eyes, it was comfortable here.

Survive.

He just wanted to rest, he felt sleep taking him.

Survive.

Magnus closed his eyes, hoping that it would be the last time.

Survive 

Magnus felt something ram into his side, the pain burned through his leg and he screamed again.

Survive.

Magnus started to cry "I just want to die!" He yelled at whatever bumped him.