The creature looked up at the giant curiously, he was busy doing something that he couldn't understand. The giant had a small jar full of a red liquid and was using his fingers to paint on the wall. The creature watched in awe as his new found friend wrote strange symbols on the wall with his fingers. 

Magnus backed away from the wall hopping on one leg to admire his work from a distance, he was sure that his father would be proud as he knew that he loved to-do lists, and he had just made the biggest to-do list in the world! (The world known to Magnus) This made Magnus smile. Written in big scrawling letters were:

MAGNUSES TO-DO LIST

[√]. FINISH LIST

[  ]. FIND LITE

[  ]. FIND WALKING STIK

[  ]. EXPLORE

[  ]. SURVIVE

Magnus looked at the list and smiled, finally he was getting on track, also to make matters better he had finished the first task! This made him even happier. The first thing he wanted to get done was to find something to support himself. He looked around for something long and light. In the corner of the room was a branch just his size. He hopped over to it and picked it up off the ground examining it. Good enough He thought to himself. However when he attempted to put his weight on it it snapped in half rendering it useless and causing him to fall to the ground once again. This time however he didn't land on his leg. Magnus crawled to the wall next to the broken door and stood up again. He didn't let the his first failure at completing his task bother him. 

Magnus looked at the door, it looked as though it was originally made of planks and bound together with metal. However the top binding had fallen off and the planks were rotting away and falling apart. He pushed open what remained of the door and peaked into the room. The room was about one and a half the size of the room with the fireplace, the right wall of the room had a singular window in the left corner closest to him with a wooden chair under it. Along that wall to the right of the chair was a wardrobe and then a bed frame in the corner with a sagging mattress on top, sharp rusted springs were poking through the little bit of fabric that remained holding it hopelessly in place. In the middle of the room was a circular moth eaten carpet which at one time magnus suspected used to be purple and green but now it was a sickly brown. In front of Magnus past the carpet was a massive desk. Small scientific instruments and dogeared leather books were carelessly shoved into the back of it, in the middle of the desk was a book with a green leather cover. The right wall was lined with bookshelves and the ceiling was lower as the stairs were directly above. 

Magnus hopped into the room carefully, the orange creature following him, Magnus had to remind himself that his goal was to find a walking stick as he was easily distracted. Magnus made his way along the left wall until he made his way to the wardrobe. He looked at it carefully before opening it, it was ornately carved from some sort of resilient wood as it was in pristine condition. Magnus pulled the chair in front of the wardrobe and sat on it before opening the door to give his legs a rest.

As he opened it a sweet smell filled the room, the orange creature who at this time was investigating the smell from the remains of what looked like a dog bed perked its ears up. Whatever this smell was it was much better than what he was investigating. He turned around and saw the giant open the big wooden door. Perhaps that was where the smell came from? He approached the big now open door and peered inside from the floor. It was probably the most useless door he had ever seen, normally doors lead somewhere but this door didn't lead anywhere. Perhaps he was missing the point thought the creature as he jumped onto the small ledge revealed by the door.