Chapter Two-Crush

"Hey, you, wake up."

Kion grunted in protest, feeling someone poke him in the side, albeit gently. He buried his face in his paws, muffling a protest.

Bunga couldn't help a smile from twitching at his lips. Finally he shook his head and leaned back against a rock, crossing his arms and watching his best friend with the same warm smile on his face.

He looks so cute when he's asleep.

Bunga chuckled slightly, closing his eyes as the thought went through his head. He knew how Kion would react to ever being called cute, even by Bunga. Especially by Bunga.

So....He did have a crush on Kion. No...It, it was much more than that. Bunga loved the cub more than anything, he had since they'd met.

But Bunga wasn't ready to confess, not yet. He wasn't scared; In fact he saw the way Kion looked at him. The two were in love with eachother and most likely weren't confessing for the same reason.

Bunga didn't want to risk his friendship over feelings that could just disappear. He was really young, too young to have long-term feelings like these. But it felt the more he was around Kion the stronger the feelings got.

"What are you thinking about?"

Bunga opened his eyes to see Kion was watching him, a slightly amused smirk on his face. Bunga smiled.

"Look who's awake, sleepy head."

Kion snorted at him playfully. "You told me to sleep."

Bunga smiled at him. "Yeah, well I didn't tell you to hibernate." He pointed out, making Kion laugh.

Bunga loved that laugh.

"Silly honey badger," Kion's eyes sparkled as he grinned at Bunga. It was all Bunga could do to stop himself from melting--While he'd had a crush on Kion since they were little, his feelings had grown into something he could only call love.

Something he wasn't really used to feeling.

Shaking his head, Bunga smirked. "I am silly. Now get up, or we'll be late for morning patrol."

Kion snorted and stood up, smiling playfully. "I usually have to say that to you."

"Well I just became the responsible one." Bunga joked. "I'll go wake up the others." He turned away from his best friend, and smiled softly.

"Hey Bunga?"

"Yes Kion?"

"I love you," Kion smiled. Bunga's heart fluttered, though he knew the meaning of the words; Best friends, they loved eachother as best friends and that's all Kion meant.

Possibly.

"I love you too Kion." Bunga said with a smile before going inside the lair.